Monday 1 September 2014

FOTD 7: Lilac Smoky Eye

Hey everyone,

Today's "Face of the day" is more of an "Eye of the day" because I'm using this tutorial just to show you how I created a lilac smokey eye using the Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow and Blush Palette. I hope you enjoy this look!
 The palette itself is really pretty. It comes in a long, thin compact with a big mirror. If purple's are you colour I would highly recommend it! The packaging is simple and perfect for travelling, plus it comes with a blush shade which would look lovely on all skin tones and with any type of makeup look!
 Pastel: a light ivory shade with a bit of a shimmer, but nothing too sparkly. 
 Lavender: A pale purple shade perfect for all over the lid.
 Violet: Looks very bright in the pan, but on the eye it's a bit darker and work wonderfully in the outer corner and crease of the eyelid. 
 Ebony: A matte black shade which would work as an eyeliner or to add some shadow to the corners of the eye. 
 Rosy: A medium pink blush that is quite neutral (no blue or red tones). Would work well on many skintones and with most makeup looks. 
 The back of the palette has the names for all the shades which I think is a nice touch! 
 I first applied Pastel all over my eyelid, even up onto the brow bone.
 Then I used Lavender all over my eyelid for some definition and purple colour.
 I then took Violet into the outer corner of my eye for some definition, as well as under my eye to make the look more smoky. 
 Here is the eyeshadow with my eyes closed. 
 I then added some liner (mattified with the Ebony eyeshadow) and some mascara. 
 I just used a simple cat-eye liner look but went a bit thicker than usual so that the purple shades were toned down a bit.
Here is the finished eye look! I hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment