Tuesday 26 August 2014

NYX Butter Gloss Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm writing about something I hear people rave about all the time! The NYX glosses are beautiful, I've tried one from almost every line, but the Butter Glosses are the ones that seem to be repeatedly talked about and adored. Here is what I think of the two shades I picked up!
 I think the packaging is great- being able to see what colour you're using makes it easy to plan a look or to find it amongst the hundreds of glosses I already own. 
 I own Strawberry Parfait- I wonderful bright pink with some blue undertones. It's not too bright because the formula is quite wet and glossy (which I love) and I think it's the perfect pink to brighten up a dull makeup look. 
 Tiramisu is a more neutral shade, but still quite cool-toned which I like. It's a perfect nude for my lips because it isn't too pale, and it doesn't give that 'concealer lips' type of look. It's a perfect everyday gloss and wears well with most makeup looks. 
 The glosses come with a nice doe foot applicator, nothing too fancy but it does the job very well. The gloss formula itself smells incredible (very sweet) but isn't anything overpowering or irritating. The formula is very glossy, it almost looks watery sometimes, which I think is nice because it can be very casual or layered on top of another lip product. It lasts for a decent amount of time, and isn't sticky or uncomfortable to wear at all! 
Here are some swatches of the two shades. This makes Tiramisu look a bit peachy (it might look this way on some lips) but on my lips it comes up much cooler toned. 

I hope you enjoyed this review! I loved the glossed and will certainly be purchasing more!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment