Friday 22 August 2014

MAC Studio Finish Concealer Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm writing about one of the best high-coverage concealers I have ever tried. It's MAC's Studio Finish concealer, a potted concealer that coverers blemishes, redness, under eye circles and anything else you may want to conceal. They come in a wide array of shades, with 7 having a yellow undertone and another 7 with a pink undertone. I have two of the pink based shades in NW15 and NW20. This concealer can get a bit cakey, so I recommend using less than you think you need, applying more if you feel you need it, and layering until you get your desired coverage, I find it works better on blemishes than under your eyes, although it can be done. It has been reviewed to crease under the eyes, but I think that's because this concealer is so high coverage. Using a setting powder helps with the longevity of this concealer, but it does last rather well by itself. It also has an SPF of 35 which is really nice in a concealer. I would certainly recommend this to most people I know, I think it is worth the money because it lasts for a very long time and very little product is required to cover any blemishes you may have.
 The packaging is standard MAC, which I find to be very simple but effective and sturdy. I like how you can see the product and it's easy enough to decipher shades and how much you have left. 
 NW20 matches my skin pretty perfectly- and somehow works all year round. 
 NW15 is much lighter, but makes for a great highlight and works on my most pale days.
 This is NW20
 And this is NW20 (above) compared to NW15 (below). You can see I've used quite a bit more of NW20, but this product really does last a very long time.
 In regular lighting this is NW15 compared to NW20
 In natural lighting this is NW15 compared to NW20
And with flash photography this is NW15 compared to NW20

I hope you enjoyed this review! I thought it would be nice to review something I've loved for so long, even if it isn't a new product!
Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment