Thursday 31 July 2014

Some Pricey Purchases

Hey guys!

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the massive lack of posting that has happened this past two weeks. I have a few excuses: 1) I was shopping with my Mum and sister in the states, 2) I've been working like a crazy person and 3) A tornado hit my hometown. That last one is not a joke. This is my first day since Sunday with hydro and it has not been fun. (Ever had a freezing cold shower?)

Anyway, on with the post. When shopping in the states I came across a discount cosmetics store and thought I had hit the jackpot! I picked up these two beauties for about 1/4 of what retail would cost me. The retail price online is $74 and I purchased them for $20, which in my eyes is a bargain!

The Pure Chromatics eyeshadow quads from YSL are packaged in a beautiful gold casing.
 The packaging is very sturdy and luxurious. 
 This is quad #8, with beautiful warm-toned golds and a deep olive green.
 All of the shades are shimmery, designed to be used either wet for higher pigmentation, or dry for a more sheer finish.
 When I realized what a gold mine I had hit I went back for another one. I could not keep my mind off of the deep cranberry shade in palette #7.
 Again, all the shades are very shimmery. I wish the white shade was slightly more pigmented (it's actually a bit flaky) but the rest of the shades are to die for!
I was especially impressed with the two lower shades- I think they will be perfect for the fall and winter seasons!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, let me know if you'd like to see a tutorial featuring these quads!
Have a great day!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment