Friday 20 June 2014

Maybelline Master HI-LIGHT Review

Hey everyone,

So since it's summer I've been really into glowing skin and working on contouring/highlighting. These Maybelline powders retail for $16.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart. There are 6 available shades and I own 4 of them. Here's my review!

 I originally picked up three shades... but went back for a fourth.
Maybelline describes the powders as: 

"Light- diffusing blush and bronzer formulas have an expert balance of shade + shimmer illuminator for natural glow. Skin goes soft-lit with zero glitz."

 This is 10 Nude, a light pink champagne highlight.
 It has some bronze undertones which is really nice, reminds me of "Kitten" by Stila.
 The packaging is nothing special, but decent for a drugstore product.
 Next is 20 Pink Rose, a blush colour more than a highlight.
 While it is quite pigmented, it's also quite shimmery so I'd apply very carefully.
 The packaging opens up with a clear lid to clearly see which colour you're looking for. Underneath the pan itself is a little compartment with a brush and mirror.
 50 Light Bronze is classed as a bronzer, but I think it would make a better bronze-toned blush.
 It would certainly add warmth to your complexion, but it is shimmery so it wouldn't contour.

 I went back to the store for 30 Coral, although I think it looks like more of a terracotta than a coral.
 It may not be ideal for my skintone, but I think it will look lovely with a tan or on a darker skin tone than my own. 

 This is 30 Coral swatched in natural light.
 And in the same natural light is Nude, Rose Pink and Light Bronze
 This is taken inside, it shows how the texture can be a little chalky, but it's very finely milled powder.
And with a flash you can better see how pigmented the product really is.

Overall I think these products are really nice and a good addition to any makeup lover. The colour range is quite good, the two shades I don't own are Deep Bronze and Mauve, which would look lovely on darker skin tones. While they are quite shimmery, I think it's good because it can be used as an eyeshadow, highlighter, blush or bronzer. Most drugstore brands don't have highlighters, so these really do bring something new in comparison to the selection we are used to. They are multi-purpose, beautiful and incredibly high quality.

Have a great day!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment