Tuesday 24 June 2014

L'Oreal "Miss Manga" Mascara Review

Hey everyone,

This mascara by L'Oreal has been out in the UK for a while, but this past weekend was the first time I saw it in Canada. It's called "Miss Manga", inspired by Anime lashes and a wide-eyed look. This is my review!
 The packaging is pretty adorable, I like how L'Oreal really did use inspiration from something unique.
 I chose the waterproof version because I have oily eyelids (and I'm an emotional mess) so this lasts a lot longer on me than a regular formula would.
 The packaging is quite simple, with a pink lid for a pop of colour!
 Now here's my issue: 1) The bendy wand never lets me wiggle the mascara at the base of my lashes. 
2) The bristles suuuuck. There seems to be no reasoning behind where they are placed or what they are supposed to do.
 I feel like if the wand wasn't bendy you could really achieve a better look, but it's just hard to apply and kind of a pain.
 Before
 After. And just to illustrate how much I didn't like this... I actually combed through the lashes with another mascara.
 I found it to be too clumpy and not lengthening enough for what I want in a mascara.
The formula did last a decent amount of time, but in humidity I still had some smudging underneath my lower lash line... and it's supposed to be waterproof. 

Overall I'm not super impressed with this mascara, I don't care for the wand or bristles, and the waterproof formula isn't exactly great either. I found it to be volumizing, but to the point where it was actually just clumpy and difficult to fix. Maybe when it has dried out a bit I will be able to get some better results, but so far this isn't for me. I will keep using it and update you if my thoughts change. 

Have a great day!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment