Thursday 26 June 2014

Maybelline Baby Lips "Dr Rescue" Lip Balm Review

Hey everyone,

Recently I picked up almost the entire shade of Maybelline's Baby Lips "Dr Rescue" lip balms. They've been around for a while and I've heard relatively good things about the range. The shade I don't own is 40 "Pink Me Up" but I have the rest so it's the perfect opportunity to write about it for you!

Maybelline claims that the lip balms provide: 
- Medicated care + 12 HR hydration.
- Soothes quickly with a hint of eucalyptus.
- Cools sore lips with a touch of icy menthol
- In 6 new natural tints to even out lip tone for healthier-looking lips
 The packaging is still as cute as their regular Baby Lips line, but I think the white is designed to give a more medicinal look to the balms.
 Just Peachy gives the perfect peach hue to your lips, it looks natural, adds some shine and is a perfect everyday shade. It's quite glossy and smoother than some of the other shades.
 Soothing Sorbet looks like it should be the colour below. It's much more pink and a bit more pigmented, but I find it sort of makes me look like I've been making out with someone for hours on end. It doesn't work well with my skintone because it looks like it's smudged around my lips no matter how I apply it. This would be the worst in my opinion.
 Berry Soft is a more mauve tone (which is why it should be called Soothing Sorbet as mentioned above), but this is actually a win for me. It's a nice shade, not overly pigmented which helps it to be a more natural everyday shade.
 Coral Crave is the more pigmented option of Just Peachy, but still a pretty shade. I'm not sure how I feel about the coral lip trend, it's stunning on most people with a deeper skin tone, but I think it clashes with the red tones in my face a bit. Like I said, it's still pretty, but I won't get as much of a wear out of this shade.
 Too Cool is the clear, glossy shade in the range. It's just a clear, glossy lipbalm. Nothing special, but moisturizing!
 Here are the swatches in natural light.
 And with a flash.
Overall I think these lip products are more moisturizing than the regular Baby Lips line. If you can get past the menthol smell (think Vic's) then it's actually quite a nice amount of colour and treatment. I think they are great in the summer for sunburnt lips, and in the winter with chapped lips. They make it easier to wear some colour when your lips couldn't wear a lipstick or drying gloss. I would recommend them, but keep in mind two are more pigmented and two are more glossy and sheer.

I hope you enjoyed the review!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment