Thursday 12 June 2014

Dior's "Diorskin Nude Shimmer" Review

Hey everyone,

Last year I wrote a review on my favourite highlighters and Dior's 'Amber Diamond' highlighting powder definitely made the cut. It's been discontinued now (as does everything else I love... weep) but I found this little gem on Sephora's webiste. It's Dior's "Diorskin Nude Shimmer Instant Illuminating Powder". It has two shades, 001 Rose and 002 Amber... coincidentally the same names as the Dior Skin Shimmers, however the products appear to be quite different. I wanted Rose Diamond after adoring Amber Diamond for so long, so naturally I purchased the Rose Nude Shimmer as soon as I saw it. It was a hefty purchase, but it's limited edition, so I recommend you get your hands on it soon!
 The navy blue and silver packaging has suckered me in once more...
 And I must admit I squealed a bit when I saw what fanciness was in store.
 C'mon. How do they expect you to want to use that!
 A bonus little Kabuki brush, very handy and the bristles were very soft.
"Its round compact shape helps blend the powder into the skin to illuminate the rounded areas of the face (upper cheekbones, forehead, bridge of the nose, chin) for a glowing appearance or sculpt the facial contours for a more glamorous look"
 And of course there's a little CD on the bottom...
 Then onto the compact itself... gah! It's quite heavy which is nice, it doesn't seem flimsy at all. Dior describes it as: 
"The ultimate accessory, the precious white bronze case engraved with the emblematic Dior cannage pattern comes with a mini kabuki brush for optimal powder application
Precious white bronze. Enough said.
 And inside, a lovely mirror and seriously stunning powder!
 The base colours are a sort of champagne-taupe and pale rose, and they have quite a lot of shimmer to them.
 While the "Nude" colours are an Ivory-Rose and Deeper Rosy Pink, they are shimmery but not sparkly.
 And oh my goodness it comes in a velvet pouch.
Seriously!?

Overall I think this product is seriously beautiful. I know there aren't any swatches, but I couldn't bear to touch it yet. When I apply my makeup next I'll be sure to try it out!

I hope you enjoyed reading, 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment