Tuesday 13 May 2014

Stila "Stay All Day" Foundation and Concealer Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm writing a review on a product I bought almost a year ago and still cannot get used to. It's the Stila Stay All Day Foundation and Concealer.
 To begin, the packaging is a little ridiculous. It's quite large, both wide and tall, not ideal for travelling. 
 You can see from the outside of the packaging that the formula separates, something I should have paid more attention to when I purchased.
 I have the shade bare 1, the lady helping me tried on about 3 shades darker than this before finally realizing I was too pale for all of them, and it's actually not too pale itself. If you have really fair skin, I would stay away from this foundation. It does have some great shades for girls with olive and deeper skintones.
 "This pairing features an oil-free, high-definition, high-performance foundation that stays
 all day and delivers a flawless finish. Unique oxygen technology leaves skin hydrated,
nourished and helps prevent premature aging. The formula’s synergistic combination of
botanical extracts have been shown to help enhance circulation and blood flow, resulting in 
an increase of oxygen delivered to the skin. This foundation glides onto skin, immediately
going to work to help minimize skin blemishes and imperfections. It is also enriched with
an array of skin-loving ingredients, and unlike other long-wearing formulas, innovative
extracts help to slow down the onset of premature aging. This multitasker also contains a
creamy, full-coverage concealer inside the foundation’s cap and a mini mirror for touch
ups. The easy-to-blend concealer instantly hides blemishes, dark circles, and age spots
creating an impeccable canvas for flawless makeup application." - Sephora's website
As you can see, it claims a lot. 
 The concealer has a concept I really like. Having a matching concealer is an awesome idea, even some MAC shades are different from one product to another. The concealer does match perfectly, and is very creamy. It's almost too creamy and does need to be set with a powder, I do wish it was slightly drier for covering blemishes. It would be nice for the undereye area, but I prefer a lighter shade for that which makes this product a little useless sometimes, which is a shame.
 Just to illustrate the ridiculous sized packaging...
 And the fact the concealer takes up no space at all! The lid is essentially just to hold air, a huge waste of space.
 Another confusing element... this weird applicator that I'd never dream of putting on my face.
 It's kind of like a little spoon which is great for scraping out any product but I think a pump would make everything much easier... and fill the lid up a bit more!
 The formula is thick. It has a definite scent and is quite cakey. 
It does not blend well at all. I've tried using my fingers, a beauty blender and brushes and it still looks streaky. I've even experimented with different amounts of product.

Overall I don't think this foundation is worth the money at all. The concealer is its only good point, and the idea of matching a foundation with a concealer is a good one. I don't think it leaves a flawless finish, it's very light coverage (which is advertised so it's okay) but it feels thick and sticky after you've applied, requiring powder to set and touch it up throughout the day. I am still going to work with this foundation and see what I can do to make it work for me, but I don't have my hopes up! 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment