Wednesday 7 May 2014

Rimmel's "Stay Matte" Foundation Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm writing about Rimmel's "Stay Matte" mousse foundation. I love the Stay Matte powder, it's an awesome, cheap powder that mattifies and sets makeup wonderfully.

The foundation has a mousse texture and is totally matte, as the name would suggest. I find that my shade 091 Light Ivory is a tiny bit chalky in appearance but it does last quite nicely on the skin.
The packaging is quite nice because it's great for travelling and is easy to keep clean. It's a thick formula (think Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation) but the tube is much easier than a pot, and more hygienic. 
It's easy to keep clean and could be applied with a sponge, brush or with your fingers. 
It claims 'feather-light, liquid mousse blends flawlessly for natural-looking, all day shine control". I find that it isn't really natural, while it's full coverage it can look a bit cakey. My skin isn't flawless and doesn't have a smooth texture, and this foundation can enhance imperfections. 
PROS:
- Good shades, much paler options than Rimmel's "Wake Me Up" foundations.
- Good coverage
- Lasts longer on the skin than most drugstore foundations
- Does stay matte, no shine throughout the day

CONS:
- Can look cakey
- Looks a bit chalky
- It has to set before applying other products, I recommend using a powder

Overall I do think the foundation is quite good, especially for nights out. I would recommend it to people with oily/combination skin before I would to people with sensitive/dry skin. 

Have a great day guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment