Friday 9 May 2014

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Hey everyone,

It's Mother's Day this Sunday in North America (I know it's earlier in the year in the UK) so I thought I'd write a blog post to celebrate mothers around the world and my wonderful mother, Helen. She's a super cool lady who still goes out of her way to look after me, although I may think I'm capable of taking care of myself. She's an everyday inspiration with her strength and I appreciate everything she does for me, even when I don't always show it.

Hopefully she doesn't read this blog post, because I'm showing you everything I intend on giving her!
Just an overall shot of the theme I went for, which was essentially the colours orange and yellow. I had no particular reason to choose this colour scheme other than it matching her bathroom better than cooler toned colours.
 My mum has a jet bath tub, which while very relaxing, can be a pain with bubble bath. It doesn't work too well with the jets and can create a film when you start the jets up, overall it just isn't good. Bath salts work well in jet bathtubs, so I thought I'd pick some up for her. She's a hard worker, and I think an excuse for a bath that will help ease muscle pain while energizing her for the never-ending to-do list is a perfect gift. 
 Next up is the Vaseline Spray and Go moisturizer. This is one of her favourite body products because it's quick and easy to use. I know she's running out of her current can, and it matched with the colour scheme so I figured I'd pick it up!
 I thought I'd add a body wash into the mix just to help with the at-home spa experience I have planned. This is the Dove Go Fresh body wash, which is very moisturizing. I chose the scent because of the colour, but the nectarine and white ginger actually does smell very nice.
 I bought a hair mask about a year ago and Mum was intrigued by how it all worked. I let her borrow it, and she seemed to like it so I thought she'd like one for herself! I went for the Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser which smells incredible! I'll have to remember she owes me a use and I can write up a review while my locks smell wonderful.
 I also bought the Witchcraft "condition me softly" cuticle oil which I've previously owned myself. It's an easy pen for on-the-go application, but I keep mine beside my bed to use each night. She likes to take care of her nails, so I'm sure an extra step will amp up her current routine.
 Since the summer months should be arriving any time now (C'mon Canada!) I figured a lipbalm with SPF30 doesn't only protect her lips but also matches my colour theme. It's a slow start to summer this year, but I'm optimistic we will get there eventually, and this year with no sunburnt lips! 
And I know any Mum deserves to be pampered, but what's pampering without a little treat to go along with it? I continued with my orange theme with the Lindt Excellence Orange Intense dark chocolate- which I'm sure she will have a hard time not sharing since she's such a thoughtful lady! 

Of course no care package is complete without a handmade thoughtful card (which I better get writing!) so don't forget to include that! 

If you're a mother, thank you, and have a wonderful day being spoiled!!

No comments:

Post a Comment