Monday 5 May 2014

Essie's "No Chips Ahead" Top Coat Review

Hey everyone,

So most of you have probably noticed I've stopped Manicure Monday's. I've done this for a few reasons, firstly, because it's impossible to have multiple blog-worthy manicures every month. Secondly, I only use Essie nail polishes (which I've talked about before) because it makes my collection neater and I love their formulas and shade range- however this doesn't necessarily make for good reading because it gets repetitive. So I've cut out mani Mondays and instead I'm going to review colours as I wear them and experiment with more nail art and combinations to create something more interesting and unique. 

Today I'm writing about an average product. It's Essie's "No Chips Ahead" clear top coat. Usually I buy Essie's "Good to Go" top coat, but I couldn't find it anywhere so I thought I'd try something new. I found this to be a decent topcoat that does help prevent chipping, but also bubbles up and creates a weird texture if you apply it before your nail colour is completely dry.


Essie's website describes the top coat as:
"Formulated with a wear extender and colour shield to protect against fading, resist chips and peeling, this high-gloss top coat extends manicures for days."


PROS:
- Does help your nail polish to last longer
- Leaves a shiny finish to your nails, not a 'gel' shine, but a nice, subtle shine
- Really does prevent a lot of chipping, much more than the "Good to Go" topcoat

CONS:
- If you apply it before your nail colour has dried it bubbles up on your nails leaving a horrible bumpy texture
- Isn't as shiny as the "Good to Go" topcoat

It might be a little hard to see, but the texture is bumpy and strange. I tried it with 3 manicures before this and got the same result. On my current manicure I waited until the nail colour was completely dry before I applied the topcoat, and while it's less bumpy, the application still isn't really smooth and manicures take much longer. 

 Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment