Saturday 3 May 2014

L'Oréal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm reviewing the L'Oréal Lineur Intense liquid eyeliner. I have always been on the fence about this product, only because it's a drugstore product that averages between $9 and $11 CDN. This always seemed so expensive for a drugstore buy, so I held off until it was on sale (for $5!) I've wanted this for so long because YouTuber makeupbytiffanyd always raves about it and has done for years. Now she also has massive, lovely eyes with killer eyelashes etc., so I assumed this liner would give me those wonderful eyes. Not quite the results I'd hoped for, but a winner nonetheless.
 The packaging is typical L'Oréal matte gold, which is fine, but there is no labelling whatsoever. If I wasn't an avid makeup-lover, how would I even know where to find this again?! L'Oréal has several liquid liners, thank goodness I picked the one in the gold packaging or else I'd be lost amongst masses of black, label-less tubes. 
 I really like the long handle on the liner. It makes for more precise application and allows you to see where you're applying liner in a mirror, much better than a stubby handle that makes it impossible to see your eye past your own fist. 
 The nib is quite long and flexible. It's great for getting into the inner corner of your eye and does work nicely. It takes some getting used to, as the formula is quite wet, but once you get the hang of it, I think it makes application quite easy. 
As you can see the formula is very black and shiny looking, but it does dry down to more of a matte which I prefer. Once it has dried, it doesn't budge. While it isn't waterproof, the formula does last and I would say it matches L'Oréals claim of "All day wear, up to 8 hours".

L'Oréal claims that this liner has "all day wear, up to 8 hours" and "won't fade away". I think these are fair statements and the product lives up to its name. Compared to my favourite Stila "Stay All Day" liquid liner, which retails for $22.00, I think this product is not far behind in quality. I would certainly repurchase, and I'd even pay $9.00 for the stuff! 

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment