Wednesday 23 April 2014

The Body Shop Vitamin E Serum-In-Oil Review

Hey guys!

Today I'm reviewing the Body Shop's Vitamin E Serum-In-Oil. I purhcased it about a month ago, so I think I've used it enough to give a good review.

The Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil is new, and quite hyped-up by beauty bloggers. I liked the idea of an affordable oil, as they are usually quite expensive. It's $28.00 for 28ml, but the Body Shop almost always has deals for Buy One Get One 50% off, or Buy 2 Get One Free etc etc.

The Body Shops website describes the serum:
"Wake up to beautiful skin with new Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil, a technical innovation combining the power of a serum and oil to indulge, replenish and recharge skin with moisture overnight"
I found the serum quite difficult to use at first, because I wasn't sure of the amount I needed. I think I wasted quite a bit of product when I first tried it.
PROS:
- Does moisturize nicely
- Sits nicely under your moisturizer
- Affordable for a serum
- Doesn't test on animals
- High concentration of wheatgerm oil which can cure eczema and psoriasis, beneficial for dry skin and sensitive/sunburnt skin
- Claims to have "8 hr benefits" so that you'll wake up with better looking skin. I did find this to be the case, although it wasn't dramatic.

CONS:
- No clear directions on how to use
- The packaging isn't clear so I have no idea when I'm close to finishing the product
- The dropper picked up a lot of product, almost 4 or 5 times more than I use which could be misleading for new users
- I find the smell to be a bit offensive, reminds me of a baby smell (diaper cream or something) and while it isn't awful, it's just a bit negative for me

I hope you enjoyed my review! Have a good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment