Friday 25 April 2014

FOTD 4: Date Night

Hey everyone,
Today I thought I'd do a Face Of The Day tutorial because I'm actually going out on a date! Woo! My boyfriend and I live together during the school year, but now exams are done so we're back with our parents while we work this summer. Being a student is expensive, so going out on dates isn't always practical. I wanted to put some effort in since it's been a while, and we're always so busy during the summer, making the end of spring a perfect time to go out before things get crazy again!
 To begin I primed with "that gal" by Benefit, a pink, brightening primer.
 I then used the Stila "Stay All Day" foundation in 01 Bare all over and touched up any redness with the concealer in the lid.
 Then under my eyes I applied the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer, one of my all time favourites!
 I powdered my T-Zone and chin with the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus.
 I then applied Maybelline's Master Glaze cream blush stick in 202 Barely Pink.
 I used The Body Shop's Bronzing Powder in 01 Light Matte all over for a bit of colour.
 As usual I filled in my sparse brows with Anastasia's Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde. 
 I used Walk of Shame, Foxy, Naked 2 and Venus from the Naked Basics palette to create a simple eye look with a bit of dimension.
 I then used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Thick & Thin eyeliner in black to create a classic, winged liner effect.
 I then coated my lashes with Covergirls Clump Crusher mascara.
 I applied Bourjois Sweet Kiss lipstick in Rose Talk, it's a pretty mauve-pink perfect for the transition into summer!
Finally I wanted to add some gloss so I applied Rimmel's Vinyl Gloss in 190 Pin Up, a very pretty bright pink.
 Finally some selfies to show how it looked. I really like the bright pink lip, it isn't too bold and i think it's perfect for spring.
And here is more of a close-up shot showing the eyeliner and lips.

I hope you all had a lovely day!
Woo! Date nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment