Thursday 10 April 2014

The Body Shop "Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter" Review

Hey guys!

Today I'm writing a review on a product I've had my eye on for a while. It's the Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing Butter, a balm formula that you use very similar to the Clinique "Take The Day Off" cleansing balm.

It's a hard formula at first, but you scoop out a little bit and melt it between your fingers. I used it for the first time last night, so it's a bit of a first impressions review. I really liked the scent of it, camomile is quite nice before bedtime as well! It worked just as well as my Clinique formula, although it didn't feel quite as hydrating.
 I think the packaging is really cute, it's a thin tin with a screw lid. I think that as long as it doesn't dent too easily, it would be great for travelling. It's certainly less bulky than most cleansing balms.
 Of course, one of my favourite elements of any Body Shop product... the fact it doesn't test on animals and encourages fair trade!
 Here you can see what the texture of the product is like. It's quite a milky cleanser, I can see why they call it a 'butter' versus a 'balm', but they essentially do exactly the same thing.
Overall I really like this cleansing butter. I think it's comparable to higher end brands with higher prices. This retails for $16.00 CDN (although I got it at a one day 50% of skincare sale for $8.00!), which comes in at about half the price of Clinique's balm. You get slightly less product, 90ml compared to 125ml, but I think the Body Shop's butter is easier to find, they always have sales/deals on, and will save your a fair amount of money in general. It's also more natural and contributes to a better way of producing cosmetics, which is something I always look out for. 

Thanks for reading! Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment