Sunday 6 April 2014

Origins Skincare Review

Hey everyone!

Back in Janurary I made an order at Origins online because I needed a new moisturizer. I chose the GinZing moisturizer because I'd heard excellent things from YouTubers and Beauty Bloggers alike. At the time I placed the order there was a deal where you could choose 5 free deluxe samples and receive free shipping for a $30.00 order. Since the moisturizer was just over $30, I thought I'd buy from Origins online rather than Sephora.
Here is a picture of all of the samples I chose with the moisturizer itself. I thought it would show the comparison of sizes. The samples were all great sizes, good for more than one use so you could truly test the product.

I chose:
Drink Up Face Mask: This mask always recieves excellent reviews online but I really didn't like it at all. I thought it smelled like strawberry yoghurt which is alright, but not my favourite scent. It left my skin feeling hydrated, but I always broke out after using it which really sucked. Since lots of other people like it, it's likely that my sensitive skin didn't agree with an ingredient, so I wouldn't avoid this product- but maybe get a sample before purchasing.

Modern Friction Exfoliant: This facial exfoliant is a pretty standard, gritty exfoliant. It uses grains to gently get rid of dead skin cells. I think it's alright- better than the REN version I've tried, but still pretty expensive for something so standard. I will finish my tester and would repurchase, but I'd search for a better drugstore version first. It is gentle for an abrasive exfoliant, and isn't heavily scented, but I think you could make a similar product at home with ingredients just as natural.

GinZing Eye Cream: Firstly- this is an awesome sized sample!! It's definitely better than a deluxe sample, the packaging is even the same but smaller! The product itself took some getting used to, I thought it was strange in comparison to my Bobbi Brown cream formula, but once I figured out how to use it, it replaced Bobbi Brown's completely. It's a very heavy, sticky cream formula that has light reflecting pigments to brighten your under eye area. I find it goes on applied one eye at a time, and applied with fingertips. It definitely brightens and moisturizes. Something I would buy again for sure.

Dr Weil Mega-Bright Moisturizer: This is more of a gel-textured moisturizer. It has a scent to it, but nothing too fancy or overpowering, it's quite an earthy scent. It's a gel moisturizer that absorbs quickly, very similar to my favourite Clinique moisturizer, but it seems to be even more hydrating. For my next moisturizer purchase I will certainly be shopping for this!

Checks and Balances Face Wash: Ugh. The worst product of the lot- by far. I took this on vacation with me because I loved everything else from Origins. I hated it. It's really soapy, in scent, texture and result. It dried out my skin, irritated it, and left it feeling dryer than before I had applied it. Because it left such a heavy film feeling on my skin there were nights I didn't even cleanse my face. I couldn't even tell if my face was clean or not anyway, because the cleanser changed the entire texture of my face. I had small bumps all around my jawline which I initially thought was from flying, but turns out it was the cleanser. It really sucked. Not only would I never repurchase, but I won't finish the sample or recommend to anyone.

I hope you enjoyed this quick review of some samples from Origins. I really enjoyed most of the products, loved the service I received online, the shipping had no issues and everything was beautifully packaged. I would certainly recommend buying from the Origins website because everything worked out so smoothly, and I would place another order if I needed any more products. I will be repurchasing some items I tested and if you have any recommendations for products I should test, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment