Monday 14 April 2014

FOTD 3: Summer Bronze Tutorial

Hey everyone,

Today's Face Of The Day will be a bronze, spring/summer tutorial that will transition your pale, dry skin into glowy, tanned summer loveliness. It's an evening look- something that looks imperfect for that 'slept in my makeup' kind of look for a sultry finish. Here are the products I'm using:

 Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in a shade slightly darker than your skin tone. This is light/medium.
 NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in the shade Gleam. I'm mixing this into my BB cream for a dewy effect to the skin.
 Before all of this, I'm going to prep my skin with Guerlain's Radiance d'Éclat concentrate. 
 After applying the BB cream base, I'm going to highlight my under eye area with Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Treatment concealer. 
 I'm going to set my concealer with Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powder in the shade Dim Light. I'm not going to set my whole face because I want to keep a glowy base.
 I'm then going to use a small brush and contour my cheekbones and jawline with Benefit's Hoola Bronzer. This is a matte bronzer, so it's perfect for the job.
 Instead of blush, I'm going to use Tarte's bronzer in Park Ave. Princess on my cheeks and blend up towards my temples. This bronzer isn't as harsh as the Benefit one, so it will naturally add some glow and more subtle colour.
 I'm then taking Dior's Amber Diamond highlighter on the high points of my face. The tops of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and cupids bow will all be dusted with this shimmery goodness.
 For an eyeshadow base I'm going to use Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. I'm placing this all over my eyelid but not going above the crease. 
I'm going to set that base with Benefit's "Rich Beach" eyeshadow, the perfect colour match for the Colour Tattoo.
I'm then going to dramatically underline my lower lash line with the Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in Bad Girl Bronze. I'm taking this pretty far under my eye... to the line that creases when you smile.
I'm then taking Clinique's eyeliner in "Mink" on my upper lash line, but only applying a very thin line.
I'm taking Cliique's eyeliner in "Cocoa Shimmer" in my inner corner, it's not a highlight, but a lighter liner that will blend nicely with the bronze and mink tones.
Now for the unpleasant part... tightlining. Tightlining is when you close your eyes and stick this pencil inbetween your eyelids to line your upper and lower waterline. It makes your lashes appear thicker and adds a really dramatic, sultry look to any face you create.
I'm using Make Up For Ever's Smokey Extravagant mascara in black to coat my upper and lower lashes. It definitely adds to a smokey eye. I don't curl my eyelashes for this look because I want it to be imperfect and almost messy looking.
I'm using NYX's Mega Shine Lipgloss in Natural all over my lips. It's a perfect nude.
If you'd prefer some sparkle, try NARS' lipgloss in Gold Digger.
 This is the mixture of the BB Cream and NYX's Gleam highlight.
 A crappy picture- but this is after the application. Hopefully you can see it's darker than my natural skin tone and quite glowy.
This is after the application of Maybellines Colour Tattoo.
I've underlined my eye with Rimmel's Eyeshadow Stick.
 Here is the upper lash line defined by Clinique's "Mink"
 Now for the dramatic transition using Rimmel's eyeliner in black.
Quick close-up of my eye totally tightlined.
 With added mascara from Make Up For Ever
An open eye shot
And a closed eye shot
Finished face with contouring and eyebrows added in.
Hopefully you can see a bit of the contouring here
 I also added NYX's lipgloss in Natural
And finally a smiley shot after the whole thing is finished.

I hope you enjoyed this FOTD, it's a more dramatic look and would be lovely with a natural tan on a summers night out. I like how it's imperfect and sultry, I think it can really add some drama to an outfit.
I hope you're having a great day! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment