Monday 31 March 2014

Rimmel Scandaleyes Thick & Thin Eyeliner Review

As far as drugstore brands go, Rimmel London is definitely one of my favourites. I am rarely disappointed by their products and always eager to try new launches. I needed a new liquid liner as my Stila "Stay All Day" waterproof liner is running low, so I figured I'd pop out to the drugstore and see what they had. At first I was tempted by L'Oreals "Lineur Intense", but when I walked around to the Rimmel section I saw they had launched a new liquid liner. Since I'm such a fan of everything else in the Scandaleyes line, I figured I'd pick it up.
 The packaging is decent, I bought the shade 001 Black. 
 Here is the design on the tube itself.
 This shows the thick end of the nib, it's chiseled and good to fill in any gaps.
 Here is the nib on it's thin side, perfect for getting into your inner corner and drawing out a precise cat-eye flick.
 This is swatches of the thick and thin side... but here's my issue. The pigmentation was crap. It's watery and thin, and I certainly wouldn't call it black. There is a chance I picked up a faulty tube, but from my experience I'd say it's not worth buying. 
I have no complaints with anything it promises EXCEPT for the "ultra-black" colour. I was really disappointed by the pigmentation (especially when the Scadaleyes Kohl liners are so pigmented!), so I wouldn't rush out to repurchase it. The nib is also a bit sharp, but if you're careful it wouldn't be a big deal. The packaging is pretty standard, I like that the end of the pen had a rubberized bit to make your hand extra steady when trying to map out liquid liner. 
I wouldn't repurchase this product, but think for the cheap price it might be worth it to work with it and see what I can do. It was around $5.00, so it didn't break the bank, but I would prefer a more pigmented liner. 
I hope you liked my quick review on this eyeliner, let me know if you've tried it and had a different reaction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment