Saturday 29 March 2014

Caudalíe Beauty Elixir

Caudalíe Beauty Elixir is a product I've seen really mixed reviews about all over the internet. I had seen videos of people such as Fleur from FleurDeForce, and Gemma from gemsmaquillage rave about the stuff, saying it's a luxury product they would keep repurchasing. I've seen others complain about the alcohol content and the smell, and also that it doesn't do anything for their skin. I bought a little bottle of the stuff after Christmas to see what all the fuss was about, and because of the wonderful packaging. Here is the conclusion I have come to.
Limited edition bottle by designer L'Wren Scott. 

PROS:
- Doesn't test on animals
- Doesn't use mineral oil
- Beautifully packaged
- Can be used before or after makeup application
- Has limited-edition packaging that celebrates designers (L'Wren Scott, Christmas 2013)

CONS:
- Ridiculously priced ($19.00 for 100ml)
- Drying on my skin
- No visible results
- Personally, I wasn't a fan of the scent
- Glass bottle is pretty but not practical

"Inspired by Queen Isabelle of Hungary’s elixir of youth, this treatment smooths away fine lines, 

tightens pores and gives the complexion an instant boost of radiance. Beloved by beauty addicts, 

celebrities and make-up artists alike."  - Caudalíe's Website


Overall I certainly wouldn't repurchase. I think it's a massive waste of time to spray fancy water on your face that doesn't give you any visible results. I think it could be used in a scenario where your makeup had already been applied and needed to be refreshed, but other than that I can't think of anything I'd use it for. It's definitely a product that people would like for the spa-like scent and idea that you're using a high-end product, but if I had a budget for my skincare this definitely wouldn't make the cut. I think it's a pretty useless, hyped-up product.

No comments:

Post a Comment