Tuesday 18 March 2014

Prada Candy Fragrance Review

I got a sample of Prada's "Candy" from Sephora in September of last year. I used the entire little vial in about two days because I loved it so much. I have bad luck with fragrances, every time I really like one it gets discontinued, so I like to make sure a product is going to stick around for a while before I commit to it. My all time fave "Ralph Rocks" by Ralph Lauren has been discontinued for at least two years, but I keep getting it from Kijiji and in weird stores, finally I've decided this is my last bottle and it's time to move on. I will dedicate a whole post to that later...
Anyway, here's my review of a new favourite!
 This is the box it came in. I kept it to photograph for the blog, and also because I think it's so pretty! Let's face it, I'm never going to own a Prada purse so I may as well keep the box for an embarrassing amount of time. (It's been recycled now, but c'mon!) The box used to have a girl on it, but I'm assuming it's been removed to better match the male Prada Candy and the new Prada Candy L'Eau.
 I bought the bottle in the biggest 80ml size. I got it at the airport in Orlando when I was there back in February. I really liked that it came with the plastic black contraption you see at the top of the bottle, it means the bottle can still look cute but won't squirt everywhere when you travel/move etc. If you're wanting a new fragrance and get this... don't throw the black thing out!! I almost did, and thank goodness I didn't because I had to leave Orlando eventually.
I think the bottle is really pretty, and so it should be for the price. In Canadian dollars this would set you back about $125.00, but if you really love it... get it duty free! 
fragrantica.com describes this fragrance:

"Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance"

theperfumeshop.com describes the notes as:
  • Heart notes
    Benzoin Overdose
  • Top notes

    Musks Cocktail
  • Base notes

    Caramel Explosion
  • Scent

    Oriental
  • Feel

    Feminine

    I describe this fragrance as quite sweet, but more mature for a sweet scent. I really like candy scents, but think they can be a bit overpowering and immature. This is the first fragrance I've found that isn't too fresh and still has some musk to make it seem fancier and more mature. I find it lasts a reasonable amount of time on the skin (about 6 hours), and is wearable both during the day and in the evening. Because it's quite warm it works well with my skin type (I know it depends on how warm your skin is and how the chemicals react with the fragrance, but scents can be different on two different people so keep this in mind when buying, I recommend trying a fragrance out beforehand). I'm obviously a huge fan of this scent as I spent a ridiculous amount of money, but one I can see myself wearing for a long time (at least until they discontinue it).

    Thanks for reading my review, I'm definitely not a fragrance expert, but I hope you liked it anyway! Have a good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment