Thursday 20 March 2014

Givenchy "Rouge Interdit" Review

Hello everybody!
Here's a little review on one of my favourite brands/formulas/packaging of all time. I hope you enjoy!

 Here is the packaging with the casing of the lipstick. It's really high quality and beautiful to look at, and because of it's square shape it's very easy to store too. One downside is that the lipsticks are quite loose in the casing and if you're not careful they can fall out. I haven't experienced this too often, but I thought I should add it in.
 The bullet of the lipstick is also very beautiful. It's silver with lots of detail. It's embossed with "Givenchy" and with the little logo all over the tube.
 The end of the bullet has a little tag with the Givenchy logo and a little tassel to make it extra luxurious, although not always practical.
Here are the shades I own, 19 Black Plum and 25 Rose Caprice. 
 Rose Caprice has a slight shimmer to it and is quite glossy. It's a beautiful pale pink shade which looks very natural. It would be perfect for a bridal makeup as it's quite glossy but has a good amount of colour. I wouldn't say it's a sheer shade, although the entire line is actually a sheer formula. I think you could get a similar colour with a pink lipstick and gloss, but it's such a beautiful product and lasts a long time, I think it's worth the money for a little bit of luxe.
 Black Plum is a very terrifying looking shade in the bullet. It looks almost black in some lights, but is a little lighter than you think. I looked at two Givenchy lipsticks in store, this one and a more pale pink than above and asked my boyfriend which one I should get. He preferred the pale pink (obviously) but I couldn't resist this beautiful colour. It's a sheer, berry-toned lipstick that can be a deep raspberry when applied lightly, and a deeper purple if layered. I think it's very versatile and perfect for an evening event.
Here are the swatches, Rose Caprice on the left and Black Plum on the right. You can see the shimmer in Rose Caprice nicely here, but also that it does have a definite pink colour. Black Plum has been layered twice here, so it's how people would most wear it. You can see the raspberry/plum colours and also the deep purple in it. It's a purple that makes your teeth look whiter too- so that's always a bonus! 
Here's a final shot of the lipsticks. The quality, longevity and pigmentation of the lipsticks is wonderful, and overall I think they are worth every penny. I know that you can get similar things from the drugstore, but I find these particular products to be something I will keep forever and always add to my collection.

I hope you enjoyed this post about what is probably my all-time favourite lipstick formula! Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment