Saturday 22 March 2014

Deep Purple/Black Lipstick

Hey everyone,
So since I've had this Black Plum lipstick from Givenchy I've been thinking about different ways to wear it. It's my first purple lipstick, so I don't own a lip liner in that shade. Looking through my collection I saw MAC's "Prunella" eye liner, and thought I'd give it a go. Here are the results!
Here is an overview of the products used. Prunella is a blackened purple, whereas Black Plum is more berry-toned.
 Prunella is an Eye Kohl from MAC, and I really like it on the eyes. It's long-lasting, and I thought if it's sensitive enough for my eyes, it should be alright for my lips. It seems like it could be a bit drying, so perhaps apply a lip balm when you remove the colour, or in preparation for this dark colour.
To begin I lined the outer edges of my lips as I usually would with any lipliner.
 I then filled in the outer corners to create an "ombre" lip effect. It helps blend everything together, and also allows the lipstick to last longer.
 Givenchy's Black Plum is a beautiful berry-toned shade, but is still quite sheer, so I think deepening it with the eyeliner worked well.
 This is what the colours looked like from a distance. It's the point where my boyfriend asked "Are you auditioning for the Addams family?" Of course it's not a natural look, but I think it would look really nice on a night out. It lasts for a long time and makes your teeth look pearly white!
I blotted with a kleenex to see how the colour would last, and it turned into a slightly more red-toned purple, which looked darker from a distance. I think this close up really shows the ombre effect, how the corners are much deeper than the center of the lip, which also makes my lips look fuller. 

I wouldn't pair this lip with a heavy eye makeup, but I think with a bit of winged liner and some false lashes this would be a great choice for an evening out. 
I hope you enjoyed this post, have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment