Thursday 27 March 2014

Bioderma vs. L'Oreal Sublime Soft

Micellar waters are makeup removers free of alcohol and soap. They're a great alternative to face wipes for when you need to quickly fix a makeup mistake, change a lip colour last minute, or on nights when you roll in at 3am and cannot function well enough to do a proper face cleanse.

Bioderma Sensibio is a cult favourite loved by makeup junkies and makeup artists alike. I've used up two bottles in the past and love it. I use it to remove makeup before coming in with a deeper cleanser, or on nights where I know I'm not coming home and don't want to bring my entire cleansing routine with me. In Canada it can be a bit pricey, but it's okay because it's fantastic and the only country in North America to have it! It's a French brand, but Bioderma is very popular in the UK as well.


"At the cutting edge of innovation, BIODERMA has pioneered micellar solutions. Specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins, the Sensibio H2O micelle solution gently cleanses face and eyes. It removes water-resistant make-up.
The micelles contained in its formula effectively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the skin’s balance (soap-free, physiological pH)." - Bioderma's Website

L'Oreal's Sublime Soft Micellar Solution is a much cheaper alternative to Bioderma, and I've been testing it out for the past month or so to compare. Firstly, the solution is very similar. It doesn't remove eye makeup quite as well as Bioderma, but for everything else it's almost identical. It's less than half the price of Bioderma, and I think I'm a L'Oreal convert! It's great to have a drugstore option that sways people away from face wipes and encourages a better cleanse, even if it's not as good as a proper cleanser. I think it's great for on the go and the packaging is excellent as well. 


"Beyond makeup removal, the Gentle Micellar Solution cleanses and removes all traces of makeup from the face, eyes and lips in one step. So gentle, it is suitable even for sensitive skin. Removes makeup and soothes. No rubbing, no rinsing, fragrance free and hypoallergenic." - L'Oreal's Website
What do you guys think of the Micellar water trend? Let me know of any more alternatives, I'd love to try them out! Have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment