Friday 14 February 2014

Valentine's Day Makeup Tutorial

Hello everybody! Happy Valentines Day! If all is going well, I should be at the airport right now getting ready to fly to Florida with my wonderful boyfriend! Anyway, Valentines Day is usually a day where couples get all lovey and go out for dinner or to the movies or whatever. On occasions such as this I like to get a little dolled-up, and I thought it's a great opportunity to try out some pale-pink, champagne eyeshadow and get a little romantic here.
 To begin I like to prime my face to keep my makeup looking better for longer. Today I used Dermaglow's Perfect Primer.
 For foundation I used Stila's Stay All Day foundation and concealer. It's a light coverage, long-lasting foundation, but I intend to do a full review at a later date. I recommend using your favourite foundation since it's a day where you want your skin to look especially lovely!
 Here is my base completed. I wasn't sure of the finish of this foundation, I thought it was a bit streaky and patchy.
 Onto eyeshadow primer. I'm using Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I just pop this onto my eyelids and blend.
 As an eyeshadow base I'm using Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in the shade RSVP. This could be used to prime the eyes, but I'm applying over the top of the primer for extra coverage and to prevent creasing.
 I use three shades from the Smashbox Softbox Eye Palette. I use Sugar all over my lid, Nude in the crease and Vanilla in my inner corner and brow bone.
 This is the effect it gives.
 To add a bit more sparkle I'm taking Venus from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette over my brow bone and in my tear duct area.
 This is how it looks with my eyes closed.
 And again with my eyes open. I love how the warm Nude shade gives definition without being over the top.
 I'm using my trusty Stila Stay All Day liquid liner in Black to define my lash line.
 I apply it thinly in the inner corners and thicker as I get to my outer eye. I flick out and up to create a cat-like effect.
 For lashes I'm applying a mascara that lasts all day and holds a curl. I think curled eyelashes can be extra nice since you can bat your lashes and make them look all flirtatious. This is L'Oreals Voluminous Original mascara.
 Look at those long lashes! What a difference mascara makes!
 To brighten up my face I'm using Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Treatment concealer.
 I apply it to my under eyes, cupids bow, forehead and the bridge of my nose.
 Blended in it brightens up my entire face!
 In the lid of my Stila foundation is a concealer, which is awesome because the colour perfectly matches the foundation. I use this on any redness or blemishes for a flawless complexion.
 Quick shot of clear-looking skin!
 I use the matte bronzer from the Lorac TANtalizer to contour my cheekbones.
 I use a synthetic foundation brush to apply the powder to my cheekbones and then blend in with my bronzer brush.
 To add a little more warmth to the skin I'm dusting Benefit's Hoola around my cheekbones, temples and hairline.
 
 For blush I'm using Dior's Rosy Glow to add a 'pinched' look to my face. It looks very pink but is much more subtle on the skin.
 I love how the blue undertones make you look like you've just been running around in very cold weather.
 A swipe of my favourite lipstick is next, this is Givenchy's Rose Caprice.

Here is the finished look! I hope you all enjoyed! Happy Valentines Day! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment