Sunday 16 February 2014

My Travel Makeup Bag

 I don't travel too often, and I'm always planning weeks in advance what makeup I'm going to take with me. Narrowing down the amount of makeup I have is a nightmare, and when I leave for vacation in February I have to share a suitcase (meaning it can't be half full of cosmetics). I'm only away for a week, but I know there will be lots of pictures, and I feel better if I look better- so I want to bring products that make me feel good while being lightweight and easy to travel with.
Generally, I pick a makeup bag before I do anything else. I choose this, then I fill it up. If something doesn't fit, it can't travel with me. And I'm absolutely not allowed 2 makeup bags.
 For Primers I'm bringing Laura Mercier Foundation Primer and NARS Pro-Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer. Both of these primers are travel-sized, and I think primers may seem unnecessary- but in hotter weather a primer can really help prolong your makeup.
 For foundation I'm bringing Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream in the shade Light, and Bourjous Healthy Mix Serum foundation in the shade 52. Both of these products are lightweight, and the BB cream has a built in SPF perfect for warmer climates.
 I'm bringing two concealers with me, a MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW20 for surprise breakouts, and Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle undereye concealer in the brightening shade.
 For powder I'm bringing Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in the shade Dim Light. I'm bringing Tarte's Amazonian Clay Bronzer in the shade Park Ave. Princess, and Tarte's 12-hour Amazonian Clay Blush in the shade Exposed.

 For eyeshadow I'm bringing two small eyeshadow palettes, the Urban Decay "Naked Basics" palette, and NARS' "And God Created The Woman". The UD palette has lots of matte shades, while the NARS palette has a mixture of shimmery and matte shades which will be nice for a night out.
 For pencil products I'm bringing Clinique's Cream Shaper dual-ended pencil with the shades 16 Mink and Cocoa Shimmer, Rimmel's Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in the shade 002 Bulletproof Beige, Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof liner and finally Anastasia's Brow Wiz in the shade Ash Blonde.
 For mascara I'm bringing L'Oreal's Voluminous Original mascara in the shade Black.
 I'm bringing two lipsticks, Givenchy's Rouge Interdit in 25 Rose Caprice, and Givenchy's Le Rouge in the shade 201 Rose Taffetas. One is more of an everyday shade, and the other is a bright pink which is more vibrant but can be casual. I'm bringing these two shades because I always buy a Givenchy lipstick in Florida, these are from my past two trips so it's a bit of a tradition now.
 For gloss I'm bringing NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Beige, Laura Mercier's lipgloss in BabyDoll and NARS lipgloss in Turkish Delight.
 The makeup bag I'm bringing was a Clinique freebie a few years back, and I find it's a good bag because it's lined with a plastic washable material and has a wide base for bigger items.
Here is the final state of my makeup bag- as you can see I still have some room leftover for anything I may have forgotten! Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment