Tuesday 18 February 2014

Travel Skincare

Hey everyone! Right now I'm in Florida using these travel sized skincare and body products, so for anything mentioned that I haven't already reviewed, I will do a full review when I'm back in snowy Canada. Here are the items I've brought on my trip!
 Firstly we have a small pack of cotton rounds. This is a pack of 30, and I've taken this same pack on multiple trips so they really last, while being in small packaging perfect for traveling. They are very cheap and I got them from Target.
 I have travel sizes of my favourite shampoo and conditioner brand, Organix. I like using sulphate-free hair products (and will be doing an Organix hair review later in the year) so I think it's great I managed to find a small size for vacation! This particular formula is the "Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy" which I've tried in full size too. It smells lovely and doesn't weigh my hair down, while taming flyaways in humidity.
 I've also brought a box of precision Q-Tips for ears and to help with any nail polish/makeup mishaps that will definitely happen. I like bringing Q-Tips because sometimes I like to add a bit of makeup before going out to dinner without taking all my makeup off, and these help clean up any smudges or smears that occurred throughout the day.
 Of course I'm bringing a travel size of my favourite daytime moisturizer by Clinique. It's a gel formula which is very lightweight, a perfect base for makeup and sinks in quickly. I prefer a lightweight moisturizer in hot weather because I always layer an SPF over my makeup which adds thickness, and I also find thicker day creams can melt off of your skin in warmer weather.
 I've brought Soap & Glory's "Clean On Me" shower gel because it's moisturizing, foamy and smells incredible. The smell lingers which I love, and it lathers really nicely. I think it's also great because it's thick and moisturizing, meaning I can use it as a shave gel and not have to bring a separate one on the trip with me.
 I'm also bringing Soap & Glory's "The Scrub of Your Life", a lovely gel-scrub which has the same delicious fragrance of the shower gel. It's lightweight, doesn't strip my skin and helps to take off any leftover SPF or sunburnt/peeling skin.
 I'm going to try out this new Origins "Checks and Balances" face wash. It's a travel sized bonus I received when I made an order online, and I think it will be nice to use in the shower or in the morning.
 I've also got this very tiny sample of Ren's "No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm" which I'm going to use specifically on my eye makeup each night. There definitely isn't enough to use on my entire face, so hopefully this will last for my trip.
 I'm bringing my Origins GinZing Moisturizer because it's lovely and rejuvenating, relaxing and soothing, while smelling of Florida oranges! It hydrates my skin and something about it makes me feel very calm! I will do a full review as I use it more.
 Sticking with Origins, I'm also going to use the GinZing eye cream. This is a cult beauty product, something I've only ever heard good reviews about. It's a pinky tone which helps brighten under eyes while treating them and moisturizing them, also helping to get rid of puffiness.
 SPF is a must, and I use a separate product for my face. This is SPF 60. Sun damage can cause all sorts of problems (which I will also write an in-depth post about) and I want to avoid skincare problems as much as possible! This is great because I am very prone to sunburn!
 The only mini-deodorant I could find was this one by Dove, and it's a Clinical Protection formula. Although I doubt I'll be doing lots of exercise, walking around theme parks in hot weather might be work out enough to make me sweat. Lets hope this stuff works.
Finally, this is something I didn't put in my travel makeup bag post, but something I think I will try while on vacation. It's a BB cream with an SPF of 30. It's too dark for me at home, so if I get any sort of tan I'll be giving this a whirl. I will do a full review in time.

Thanks for reading! I hope you're enjoying my blog! What are your travel essentials?!

No comments:

Post a Comment