Friday 28 February 2014

FOTD 1: Soft, Springtime Makeup

FOTD is basically Face Of The Day. I'm going to start writing these posts because I never show you my makeup on a day-to-day basis, and although most of the time it's quite simple I still think it's worth sharing. On this particular day (although not really, I'm writing this in advance) I wanted to put my hair up in a bun. Although this may make no sense to many sane people, I really like to plan my makeup around other things. For example, my globe of a head with a bun looks extra spherical (hope that's a word), and I have to apply my makeup accordingly, just so it looks like my face actually has some shape. Here's my FOTD, let me know if you like these posts in the comments below!
Firstly here is the face. As you can see I have an abnormally large, very round head. This makes putting my hair into a bun almost impossible. But with some winged liner and clever contouring you can pull your face into all sorts of chiseled loveliness.
 To begin, I used Benefit's Porefessional face primer.
 Next I used NARS Pro-Prime Smudgeproof eye primer.
 For my foundation, I chose Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation in the shade 110 Ivory.
 To conceal those nasty blemishes I used MAC's Studio Finish concealer in the shade NW20.
 To brighten my under eye area I used my well-loved Maybelline Instant Age Rewind treatment concealer.
 All over the lid I used a matte ivory shade, this is Walk Of Shame from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette.
 In the outer corner of my eye I applied Bobbi Brown's eyeshadow in the shade Saddle. It has a mauve undertone which is especially flattering on green and hazel eye colours.
 In the crease I applied Naked 2 from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. It helps to warm up the eye area and create perfect definition.
 I used a liquid eyeliner from Too Faced to create a winged look. This particular liner has 3 little dots, which can help thicken the lashline, but I just used it to sweep colour along my lashes.
Here is the finished winged liner.
 I applied 2 coats of Make Up For Ever's Smoky Extravagant mascara.
 A bright, baby pink blush helps to look healthy and awake, so I chose Bare Minerals blush in Cheerful.
 Next is Smashbox's "Pout" lipstick.
And NARS lipgloss in Turkish Delight to finish up the whole look. 

I think the bright colours and pale hues really help to create a bright, awake look. I think it suits a bun and works well for an everyday look. By the end of the night you can switch your lips for a red shade and I think it's a perfect transition to something more smokey and nighttime appropriate. 
I hope you liked this FOTD idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment