Sunday 2 March 2014

The Princess Tag

The princess tag is basically a tag to show off all of your most expensive makeup. It just shows what people are willing to spend their money on, and I have to say adding all of this up doesn't make me proud, but I don't think I could give it up... agh. Anyway, the questions are basic, but I've skipped the last two which are "most expensive miscellaneous item (eg. candle)" and "most expensive nail polish". My reasoning is a) I don't have an expensive candle, bubble bath etc. b) why buy an expensive nail polish when it all chips off in less than a week anyway? Here are my most expensive princess products!

 First up we have Stila's "Stay All Day" foundation and concealer duo. At a $44.00 price, I don't think this product is at all worth it, it doesn't last very well and has the coverage of a BB cream. I do like the concept of a matching concealer shade, I think the concealer is actually quite good, but the foundation is streaky and doesn't blend well. I will be writing a full review at some point soon.
 For concealer, I have MAC's "Studio Finish" concealer in the shade NW20. I also own NC15 for paler days, and to be honest this concealer is really worth the money. I think the colour range is excellent, and the formula is long lasting and blendable. It covers all sorts of blemishes and even under eye circles if you've had a particularly sleepless night. It retails in Canada for $22.00.
To set my makeup I have the Hourglass "Ambient Lighting Powder" in the shade Dim Light. It's a beautiful, fine powder that sets your makeup without making you look cakey or overdone. A great thing about these powders is that there are several to choose from, but instead of having shades to match your skintone, they each do a different thing. This helps blur imperfections and I use it for my whole face, although it has a glow to it that stops you from looking too matte. In Canada, this costs $45.00.




 This bronzer is one I can only use in the summer months. It is quite an orange toned bronzer, but it has a built in SPF and can be blended out quite nicely. This is the Clarins "Instant Sun Light" bronzer in the shade Golden Sun. It retails for $32.00.
 If you're going to buy a high-end blush it has to go to NARS. They are famous for their wonderful blushes, and especially the beauty-blogger favourite, Orgasm. This is NARS blush in Orgasm, a beautiful peachy-pink shade with gold specks running through it. You can get this blush for $30.00.
 For a luxury highlighter it has to be Christian Dior's "Shimmer Powder" in Amber Diamond. A beautiful bronze glow perfect for anytime of year! The shades also make great eyeshadows too!
 My eyeshadow pick is NARS eyeshadow palette in "And God Created the Woman". It's a beautiful neutral palette with 4 shimmery shades and 2 matte colours. It's truly beautiful, compact and has a big mirror for on-the-go applications. It retails for $59.00, but used to be $75.00 if I remember correctly. Get it before it's gone- it's limited edition!
 Sadly this mascara is almost finished, but I had to include it. This is Givenchy's Phenomeneyes mascara in the shade "black". The brush is very unique and really helps coat all of your lashes in mascara. The formula is very long lasting, and comparable to Benefit's "They're Real". You can buy this mascara for $30.00.
 For eyeliner I have to go with something I love. This is Stila's "Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner" in the shade Cobalt. It retails for 20.00. It lasts all day and never smudges or runs. I've almost used up the black shade entirely and will repurchasing soon!
 For brows it's no surprise that I love Anastasia's "Brow Wiz". I have the shade Blonde Ash, which is wonderfully close to my natural eyebrow colour. It isn't too red, like many drugstore brow products, and the tip of the brow pencil is so fine that it actually creates natural looking hairs. It costs $21.00, and now that I'm hooked I don't think I'll ever be able to use something else on my brows.


 Givenchy's "Le Rouge Givenchy" lipstick in the shade Rose Taffetas is a beautiful long lasting, matte lip colour. It's lovely, everything about it screams high-end, and is something to make you feel very glamorous and princess-like. I love all Givenchy lipstick formulas, and don't mind shelling out $36.00 for such a wonderful product.
 Finally, for lipgloss I have chosen one that I have had for almost 7 years! I know that might not be the most flattering intro sentence, but seriously, this stuff lasts. The tiniest amount of Dior's "Dior Addict Ultra Gloss" does wonders for your lips! The product makes your lips look fuller and so sparkly and beautiful. I have the shade 157, it has since been discontinued and repackaged, but all of the Dior glosses are well worth the $29.50 price tag.


 I hope you enjoyed the Princess Tag, please don't add up how much I've spent, I couldn't bare to look at it! Just a disclaimer, I'm not trying to show off in any way, makeup is the thing I save my pennies for and they certainly were not all purchased at one time! Have a good week guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment