Wednesday 26 February 2014

Citrus Skincare

It's getting to that dull stage of winter where everything is grey, slushy and freezing cold. It's hard to get up and out of bed, and when you finally do, you wish you could be back in bed with a cup of tea and 10 episodes of 30 Rock. Anyway, on days like this I like to try and feel a bit energized. I'm not really one to work out on a regular basis (which is bad, I know) so instead I collect up all my tropical, yummy, energizing products to help wake me up in the morning. Here they are!
 To begin, a cheesy little overview of my citrus products.
 I've loved this face wash for about a year now and I can't believe I haven't mentioned it! It's the L'Oreal go360Clean, and I use the Deep Exfoliating formula. It has little beads to scrub away dead skin and smells divine. It's very energizing and I love to use this product in the shower. I don't use it everyday, I tend to use it about three times per week. The scrublet it comes with is awesome. It's not too harsh but helps to lather the soap up and makes you feel like you've had a really deep clean. It has salicylic acid to also aid with any breakouts.
 Ren's "Micro Polish Cleanser" is a regular citrus smelling cleanser. It is very grainy and says to use once or twice every week, which is how I use it. It can be quite abrasive so I'd be careful with how much you apply and how hard you scrub. When I use this I really take the time to rub it into my face. I think it's better to turn the tap off and use both hands to exfoliate gently for longer than scrub really hard and create really dry skin.
 I received this tiny bottle of Ole Henriksen "Truth Serum Collagen Booster" in a Sephora goody bag and it's bursting with vitamin-C. It helps brighten the skin and help with any dullness you may experience from lack of sleep or hyper-pigmentation. Personally, I don't love this product, I don't think I would repurchase it, but I think when my skin gets out of it's teen phase I could go back to this product and enjoy it more. It's by no means an anti-aging product, but I think in a few years when I'm in my mid-20's my skin will be able to handle the formula a bit better.
 This product is something I love! The Origins GinZing eye cream is an excellent product for early mornings. It is incredibly moisturizing, can be layered under makeup and visibly brightens your under eye circles. This eye cream is definitely something I will repurchase, I even prefer it over my Bobbi Brown stuff.
 The Origins GinZing moisturizer is another product deserving big love. It is amazing. It smells like oranges- not sweet candy oranges, but actual fruit, proper orange trees kind of scent. It is so invigorating and lovely on dull mornings, and I think it will be even more lovely on a summers day. It is very light, has a gel consistency but keeps my skin very hydrated and leaves a perfect base for any makeup.
 An SPF can really moisturize the skin, and while using acne treatments and facing windchills of -30 as I did in January, this stuff really helps. Sunscreen is generally quite greasy, but creates an excellent barrier against more than UVA and UVB rays. This stuff really helps with dry skin in cold weather, and the added benefit of SPF30 is awesome! I use this daily to keep my skin in good condition in the winter and summer months. This particular SPF is by Roc, and can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart.
Finally, for a special citrus treatment, this is the Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask. It has a weird, sticky consistency and helps to really create a more radiant looking skin. I find I notice a difference the next morning, but this mask should be used sparingly if you have sensitive skin like I do. I use this very rarely, but it's perfect pick-me-up for any times you feel your skin is looking quite dull. 

Thanks for reading! I hope this citrus skincare routine will help beat any winter-blues and inspire you to try something new on these cold mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment