Saturday 22 February 2014

Eye Primers

Eyeshadow primers are great for those of you who have oily eyelids or who find eyeshadow doesn't last very well on you. Some girls have issues with product falling down under their eyes, others have issues with colour pigmentation fading, and also with eye products creasing after a while. Some eyeshadow does tend to have bad pigmentation, poor staying power or will crease, but to help prevent that I recommend testing out an eye primer.


 I thought I'd start with my favourite which is NARS Pro-Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer. This product looks white, but blends in to a clear colour which can be used on any skintone. It's an eye primer that I have noticed the most differences with, colour looks more true to what it is in the packaging, I have no creasing (even after a very long day), and my eyeshadow looks better for longer. It also really increases the time eyeliner looks good, I don't get the flaking or peeling that you can sometimes get with liquid or gel liners.
 Benefit's Stay Don't Stray is a coloured eye primer which helps keep eyeshadow and under eye concealer in place for longer. It's a really good concept, but they only have two available shades- meaning this product isn't for everyone. Personally, I think the product can actually be used as a concealer itself because it's quite thick and has full coverage. It cancels out any redness or discolouration around your eye area and helps everything stay in place for longer.
Bare Minerals Prime Time is a nude coloured primer that blends in to a colourless product, meaning anybody can use it. It comes in a tube which is really handy, and means you can use all of your product. I don't think this eye primer is as long lasting as the others, but it does help for a smoother application of eyeshadow and allows pigments to be a more true colour.
Finally, Urban Decay's Primer Potion is a cult beauty favourite that almost every beauty blogger has tried and loves. To me, it is really good but doesn't compare to my well-loved NARS primer, however this comes in at a close second. This tester size still has the doe-foot applicator as the original products, but it has recently been changed to a tube which has been getting mixed reviews. The product has stayed the same however, and it's a really good primer. It's nude but blends clear, helps eyeshadow stay put for a long time and helps them look brighter. I've heard that it's formulated to work best with Urban Decay eyeshadows (whut?) but I've found it works well with every eyeshadow, from all brands. 

That's my mini-review of eye primers, let me know what you think of them and if you have any recommendations! I think L'Oreal and Too Faced's eye primers are next on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment