Wednesday 22 January 2014

Wet n' Wild "Comfort Zone" Palette Review

I've heard really awesome things about Wet n' Wild's eyeshadow palettes. They have quads, and bigger 8-pan palettes for really good prices. I bought my "Comfort Zone" palette at WalMart for less than $5.00, and I think for 8 good quality eyeshadows it's a steal.
 Here is an overview of the palette. It has 8 shimmery shades, the left side neutral and the right side more green-toned, and a little less wearable (while still being quite subtle). It's an excellent palette because it gives you a guide to where the shadows are supposed to go, and you can follow the easy guides on the back of the palette or create your own look.
 Here's a pretty poor photograph of the back of the palette, but you can see the handy guide- and even a little legend showing you what colours you can use to create looks ranging from "Sweet" to "Wild".
 I swatched the entire palette from top left to bottom left, and then top right to bottom right. The shades are very pigmented, soft and blendable. You may want to be careful because they can be a bit powdery- and since the colours are all sparkly you may end up with some glitter under your eyes.
 I created a natural look using the left side of the palette, all of the colours were nicely pigmented and very blendable.
 I didn't apply any colour to my lower lashline so I could see how well the shadows last on my lids and if there is any fall-down.
 Here is a close-up shot of my eye, you can't see much, but the crease shade in the palette really does create nice dimension (especially since I usually prefer matte crease shades).
And here's a dorky little picture to end the whole thing. I paired the eye look with my new Maybelline lipstick (review can be found here), and a little bit of Laura Mercier gloss in the shade "BabyDoll".

No comments:

Post a Comment