Friday 24 January 2014

Makeup I Keep In My Handbag

Hey everyone,
So lots of "Beauty Guru's" do the whole "what's in my purse?" tag, taking nosy people into their purse and showing everything they have in it. I am nosy, and as much as I like looking into other peoples purses, I don't much feel like having you look around mine. No offense, but it's messy and I found 3 tic-tacs in the bottom, as well as 4 hair elastics and (wait for it) 8 lip products. EIGHT. Why in the world would I need all of those on a day-to-day basis? I don't know, but regardless- I'm going to make it a little easier on myself and just show you the products I keep in my makeup bag... in my purse.
 Quick overview of the products and makeup bag itself- this one came with a Sephora Christmas gift set, I like it because it is super girly and sparkly (and my purse doesn't have a zipper so I try to make everything look as nice as possible).
 First up is a redness powder from Clinique. It is yellow to counteract redness, and is just a matte face powder that works no matter how much makeup I'm wearing, no matter what shade my skin is at that time or if I'm not wearing makeup at all. It combats oiliness, gets rid of any shine and has a big mirror which is perfect for any other makeup I may need to apply on the go. I also threw in a Royal & Langnickel Blush Brush, a very inexpensive but useful brush I'm not overly concerned about if it gets spilled on etc. It works really well for it's job, it's the only brush I have with me.
 Next is a Clinique Gift-With-Purchase. It's a mini hairbrush that folds up into a neat little compact. It's perfect for in my purse, especially those days when you're wearing a scarf and your hair bunches up on the back of your neck creating a birds nest knot of hair. Probably one of my least favourite things to happen, but this little brush has saved my hair on many occasions.
 Next up is a purse essential... Antibacterial hand gel. Mine is from Bath & Body works and smells of "Holiday Frost", or "Joy", I'm not sure. To me it just smells better than regular alcoholish scents and is awesome for those sticky situations (after restaurants, gross bathrooms etc etc).
 I also carry Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch concealer in the shade Light. I keep it just in case I look a bit tired, need to touch up the coverage on a blemish or if I'm not wearing eyeshadow and my eyelids are looking particularly oily. It comes with a convenient 'click' pen, which in desperate times can be used to blend the product in.
 I like keeping a mini-mascara in my purse because I feel like mascara can really make you look awake and alive, especially after a rough night out. It's perfect for those times where you need to go from one place to another and aren't wearing makeup. Throw on some mascara and lipbalm and you look a little more prepared to leave the house/workplace etc. I have Lancome's "Hypnose Star" mascara, not my favourite but good for on the go.
 I like keeping a rollerball fragrance with me, either to touch up my scent or just to reassure myself that I smell okay. This is Vera Wang's Princess, one of my all time favourite perfumes.
Finally is a lipbalm. This is EOS minty lipbalm, I chose the minty one because even if I don't have tic-tacs or gum this helps me feel a little fresher while keeping my lips moisturized.

I also usually keep my lipcolour(s) of the day (or week) in my purse to touch up, but since it isn't consistent I won't add one in here.
I hope you nosy people have enjoyed a little peek into my purse, let me know what essentials you carry with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment