Sunday 26 January 2014

Vision in Violet Purple Lips

Hey everyone,
So around Christmas time I picked up a Maybelline Colour Elixir in the shade 040 Vision in Violet. When I was buying it my sister said "Uh, Megan are you sure about that colour?" and I replied, "Yeah, of course, it won't be THAT pigmented!". I was wrong. This isn't just a 'Vision in Violet', it's full-on neon purple in a tube. I tried it as soon as I got home and immediately regretted the purchase. I didn't think it was at all wearable but I actually really liked the colour.
 The packaging is a tiny little tube with an insert that looks like a lipstick but in a clear plastic casing.
 The description on the bottom clearly states the shade and number. I like the packaging because if you had multiple shades you could easily differentiate between colours.
 Here is the colour on my lips. Pretty purple. Almost at a Halloween level... but I really love it! I think the shade is nice because of the blue undertones, it really makes your teeth look white. I also think the shade is great with a pretty simple eye makeup. Just slap on some winged liner and I think this shade will really pop.
Although it might not be something I will wear day-to-day, I think it's a really nice option and a pleasant change from pinks and reds. I also think purple can be really versatile, and easily worn in all seasons. This Maybelline Colour Elixir has a great, glossy formula, the shade is fabulously pigmented and overall I think the orchid shade is perfect- and the 2014 Colour of the Year! 

I hope you enjoyed reading, what do you think about purple lip colours?

No comments:

Post a Comment