Tuesday 14 January 2014

My Bronzer Collection

It might be a little early in the year to start thinking about bronzers, but it's also a time of year where lots of people go on vacation to escape the snow and enjoy the sun. I thought I'd show you a peek into my bronzer collection (it's a collection because I have way more than I need), and I thought I'd throw in a mini-review of each one as well.
 Just a quick artsy picture to demonstrate what we're working with.
 Firstly is the Lorac TANtalizer. It's a bronzer/highlighter duo, and the bronzer is a matte dark brown. It's a good shade for contouring, but could be a bit muddy looking if applied too thickly.
 The packaging is great, there's a mirror in the lid and because it's a duo it's perfect for traveling.
 The Clarins "Instant Sun Light" in the shade 20, Golden Sun. It's a bit too orange for me, but applied lightly with a tan it can look quite nice. It isn't matte, it has a slight shimmer, but nothing too sparkly or glittery.
 The packaging is pretty average, with a mirror in the lid of the compact. The SPF of 15 is a nice bonus, but the product has quite a perfumey scent, so be aware of that if you are sensitive to scented products.
 Too Faced's "Peach Leopard" bronzer is a nice one because it isn't completely matte and has some colour to it. The pink in the bronzer adds a more natural sun-kissed glow, in comparison to a more orange spray-tanned effect. As you can see it's well loved (and when I hit pan on the product it's practically fallen to pieces, but I can't let it go)
 This is just a miniature size, so it comes in a cardboard packaging. It still has a mirror which is nice, and the small size would make a perfect purse-sized bronzer (if it wasn't in pieces of course).
 Rimmel London's "Sun Shimmer" is a Maxi-Bronzer, basically a bronzer that has a lot of product. I tend to use this on my neck and chest area, it helps match the colour of your face and body. Because there is so much product and it's so cheap it makes a great one to blend everything out.
 Not the greatest packaging, but expected for a drugstore purchase. No mirror, and the product comes with a gold glitter overspray, so use it on your body before you try it on your face- you'll look a bit glittery otherwise.
 Smashbox's "Halo" bronzer is a great one because of this grating technique. You can shave off the amount of product you need, keeping the rest of the product clean and relatively bacteria free. It also stops the product from oxidizing or becoming chalky as some older powders tend to do.
 It has a twist off lid and is quite compact. I think the packaging is okay, but I wouldn't recommend it for on the go. The loose powder and twist off cap could make for a messy experience.
 Tarte's Clay Bronzer in "Park Ave. Princess" is a nice product because it isn't orange at all. The shade almost has a grey undertone, which may not sound too "sunkissed" but eliminates any risk of looking like an oompa-loompa.
 Again, I have a deluxe sample size, so this one doesn't have a mirror, but because it's so petite it is excellent for travelling.
 Finally is one of my all-time favourite bronzers, Benefit's "Hoola". It has the same grey undertones as the Tarte bronzer, but this powder is totally matte.
The packaging is standard for Benefit (since it's a Box-O-Powder) but it's a bit bulky for traveling purposes. The colour is one of the best I've found, but when I go away in February I'll probably opt for the Tarte one, just to pack a bit lighter.

So there's a quick overview of my Bronzer collection, I hope you enjoy it and get some ideas if you're looking into a new bronzer soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment