Thursday 16 January 2014

Maybelline Nude Lipstick Collection

Maybelline recently came out with a lipstick collection using their Colour Sensational lipstick formula. It's basically their main formula of lipstick, and every so often they bring out limited edition shades, or add new colours to their permanent line. The "Vivids" by Maybelline was a huge success, and the colours were so popular that it is now a part of their permanent line, and now they have released a new collection called "The Buffs".
"The Buffs" is essentially a line of lipsticks that are all nude shades, ranging from a very pale shade (Bare All 910) all the way to a very deep shade (Espresso Exposed 955).
My lips are quite dark for my fair skin tone, so I picked up the shade Nude Lust, 920.
You can find the whole collection online here.
 It comes in a standard Maybelline bullet, and the tube casing is regular but all of the Buff collection has the same casing colour (a nude shade, of course).
 Here are the details of the colour, it is the third darkest shade in the collection.
 As you can see it blends in pretty well with my skintone. It's a bit too yellow-based for me, so I think I'd top it off with a pinkier lipgloss just to stop it looking so bland.
 The formulation is creamy, it's a satin finish and doesn't feel too drying on the lips. I love Maybelline lipstick formulas, I own more Maybelline lipsticks than any other brand.
 This picture was taken in my bathroom, with regular indoor lighting. I think the shade here looks perhaps a bit too pale for me, just because my lips are dark for my skintone.
In better lighting you can really see how pale it is, but it doesn't look too washed out. You can see that the formulation is quite pigmented, and has a nice subtle shine. Because the lipstick is so creamy, it doesn't last as long as a matte finish, but also won't dry your lips out. I think you could get a good 2-4 hour wear out of this before having to re-apply, but keep in mind a nude lipstick wearing off won't stain your lips like a pink or red, so you may need to touch up more often.

I think the idea of The Buff collection is a good idea, it gives women a cheaper option for a nude lipstick, and I think a good nude shade is a staple in a makeup collection. The formula is excellent, it has a nice finish and having 10 shades in the range is quite good for most skin tones. 
I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5, only because my shade was a little too yellow-toned.

No comments:

Post a Comment