Saturday 28 December 2013

Products to Help Prepare You for NYE 2013

New Years Eve is fast approaching, and I thought I'd share a few products you can use before you've done your hair/makeup to prepare you for a night out. Now this can be used for all sorts of occasions, but I've used particularly glowy products, because if there were ever a time for glitter it would be New Years.
 To begin I thought I'd just take a snapshot of some of the products I'm talking about today, of course jewelery and glittery shoes will definitely fit in for NYE.
 Firstly I have a well loved product. I've talked about this non-stop since buying it, but seriously it's so darn pretty. Dior's "Amber Diamond" highlighter is beautiful and really helps bring out those cheekbones for a NYE party.
 Next up is a rollerball perfume. I've specifically chosen a rollerball because you can take it with you. It fits into any clutch and helps keep you smelling wonderful until the early hours of the morning. This particular fragrance is Vera Wang's "Princess Night", a perfume following her original (and delicious) "Princess" fragrance. This smells wonderful, and is a perfect evening fragrance without being too overpowering.
 Next up is hair. Bamboo Smooth's "Kendi Oil" is a dry oil that can be spritzed into your hair either damp or dry. It isn't too heavy, and because it's a spray it is evenly distributed without making you look greasy. It helps tame flyaways and give you a bit of shine for a night out.
 "Glow Lotion" by Soap & Glory is a truly fantastic product. I bought it ages ago and never knew what to do with it, but recently I've been using it all the time! It's a pinky shade, and isn't glittery, it just has a bit of shimmer that helps make you look lit-from-within. It's sort of an adult version of the tubes full of glitter that you had when you were a kid. No chunky glitter, but it smells amazing and makes you look like  a goddess... it's moisturizing too!
 Before the "Glow Lotion", I like to apply Soap & Glory's "The Righteous Butter". It has their signature scent which is incredible, and leaves your skin silky smooth. It is very moisturizing, sinks in pretty fast for a body butter, and isn't too greasy. I really recommend taking the time to do a full body moisturize the morning of, or night before going out. It really makes your skin look dewey and healthy, talking away any dullness or scaliness from the cold winter. It's the next best thing to slapping on the fake tan.
 Of course in preparation for a night out you'll want to give yourself a bit of a manicure. New Years celebrations can really vary, from a very formal event to a small get together, most girls will take the time to paint their nails for this kind of event. A sparkly option will always look great on a night like this, I've chosen Essie's "A Cut Above".
To help keep your skin looking great while wearing makeup, or before it's applied I've been using Caudalie's "Eau De Beaute". Essentially it's a "beauty water" with some extra goodness in it that will just help tone your skin. It's not a necessary product, and I wouldn't buy the very expensive full size... but it is a nice luxury product that won't do your skin any harm and will help it look fresh and glowy.

I hope you've enjoyed my NYE preparation picks! Some other things I would do in preparation is a facial and body exfoliant, a face mask and perhaps some eyebrow maintenance. As for face exfoliants and masks it's hard to recommend ones that will work for everyone, and I wouldn't try a new one before an event in case you have an allergic reaction or it causes your skin to dry out or go all red. January is an awesome time to try new products, I would wait until after New Years! 
Happy New Year everyone, thanks for reading over 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment