Saturday 28 December 2013

My Top 10 YouTube Beauty Channels of 2013

My inspiration for starting a blog was watching hours and hours of makeup tutorials on YouTube. Over the years I have watched so many wonderful videos and subscribed to several awesome channels. This year I'm going to share my top ten favourites, link their channels for your to enjoy and describe why I like them all.

10) In tenth place is Sprinkle of Glitter. Louise actually has some of the videos I watch most often, but as far as makeup goes she doesn't post just beauty videos. She has a super cute daughter named Darcy, and a lot of her best videos are sit down chats and little clips of Darcy. Her personality seems lovely and I think she's hilarious and wonderful to watch!
To watch Louise's channel, click here!
9) In ninth place we have Gemma from Gemsmaquillage. The reason Gemma is only in 9th place is because I'm pretty new to her channel and she hasn't posted much lately due to some serious house-moving. I think she seems so lovely and funny, very honest and very down-to-earth. I can easily relate to how she's feeling, I love her reviews because she's so honest and I also love her vlogs.
To watch Gemma's channel, click here!
8) In eighth place is Sammi from BeautyCrush. Sammi does so many tutorials, a lot more than most "beauty gurus" on YouTube. I love this, because what I enjoy watching the most are tutorials. It's great to see what she does because she has a darker skin tone than my own, which helps me when I think about what looks good on my own friends. She is so funny, and I love that her videos aren't over edited, she often laughs out loud about things she said or how something turns out. I also love her style, her fashion and tattoos are gorgeous!
To watch Sammi's channel, click here!
7) In seventh place is Fleur from Fleur De Force. Her channel is great because she posts a lot of reviews, especially on new drugstore launches. I've found recently she's followed in the footsteps of some American beauty gurus with more house tours, "whats in my bag" videos etc, and I generally prefer videos based mainly on skincare and beauty, however she has honest in-depth reviews and shows a variety of British and North American makeup, making her tutorials quite accessible.
To watch Fleur's channel, click here!
6) In sixth place we have Tiffany from MakeupByTiffanyD. She was the first YouTuber I subscribed too and she is still going strong. She posts almost exclusively about beauty which I love! She is always posting reviews, almost weekly tutorials and I think she's excellent. She went through a bit of a phase where it seemed she was only selling Sigma products, but she appears to be over that now. She's honest in her reviews and uses a great deal of high and low end products.
To watch Tiffany's channel, click here!
5) Halfway there! In fifth place we have Estee from EssieButton. To begin with, Estee and I are living opposite lives. She is Canadian living in England, and I am English living in Canada. I love this because I can see what she loves about both places and I can really relate to what she's talking about. She has a great sense of humour, and her vlogmas was excellent!
To watch Estee's channel, click here!
4) In fourth place is Ruth from AModelRecommends. Ruth is a model from the UK who certainly knows her stuff about skincare. As she has to keep her skin looking awesome for photo shoots, she is great and recommending products (hence the name I suppose). Also I really love her taste in makeup. She uses quite a minimal amount in comparison to other YouTubers, but everything she uses often comes with a full review. She seems very down-to-earth and is somebody I would really love to meet.
To watch Ruth's channel, click here!
3) In third place we have Tanya from Pixi2Woo. Tanya is from Norwich, where I lived while in the UK, so I think that makes her just a bit more loveable. Truthfully though, she's adorable. I love that she is an actual makeup artist, meaning she has really worked in the industry. She does great tutorials, as well as other more fun videos. She seems like a lovely lady and her channel is great!
To watch Tanya's channel, click here!
2) In second place is Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup. She is awesome, her channel is all-beauty and I love everything about it. She uses high and low end makeup, and is also really into skincare. I also love that her videos aren't too long, most videos are under 10 minutes which means they're easy to watch in between doing other things. She is honest without ever being rude and her collaborations with Amelia Liana and Lily Pebbles are brilliant.
To watch Anna's channel, click here!
1) In first place are my absolute favourite YouTubers, Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo. They are sisters who create makeup tutorials ranging from Halloween witches to Victoria's Secret runway models. They are incredibly talented makeup artists based out of Norwich (I'm a bit biased as they're from my hometown), but they definitely deserve a top spot. I think their work is incredible, plus they seem so friendly. They use a huge variety of products and although Sam has her own brush line (Real Techniques) she never sells them which I think is really modest (because they're awesome).
To watch Sam and Nic's channel, click here!
So those are my top 10 YouTube beauty gurus! A couple of close runner-ups include Zoella, MissGlamorazzi, Lily Pebbles, Lisa Eldridge, GlamLifeGuru and RachhLoves. I hope you enjoy my top picks, let me know some of your favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment