Friday 27 December 2013

New Years Eve Makeup Tutorial

Hey everyone,
Today I thought I'd post an in-depth tutorial with some new products. This is the makeup I intend to wear for New Years Eve this year. I hope you enjoy!
 To prime my face I used my special-occasion primer by Guerlain. It's the "L'Or Priming Concentrate" with pure gold. I received this in a summer gift set by Sephora in 2011. I save it for all my special occasions because its so luxurious, when else will I put real gold on my face?
 On my cheekbones I applied a little bit of "That Gal" primer by Benefit. It's a bubblegum pink colour which works well with pale skin. I don't have yellow undertones so I find that yellow primers don't work too well with my skintone.
 To even out my skintone I used Maybellines "Dream Fresh BB Cream". It has an SPF of 30 which is awesome and it doesn't look cakey. It's very brightening and I think when wearing such a smokey eye look having a more subtle base looks a bit more natural.
 For my under eye concealer I used Maybelline's "Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment". I used the brightening shade.
 Here is where I apply it, it helps brighten the shadowy areas on my face.
 Once it's blended in it helps my skin look more flawless.
 On my blemishes I apply MAC's "Studio Finish" concealer in the shade NW20.
 Before I put powder on my skin I like to let my base makeup set in. While I wait I apply Nars eye primer.
 Next I applied NYX "Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator" on my cheekbones. It's a rose-gold hue and I think it was a bit too dark for my skintone at the moment, but in the summer I'm sure it'll look gorgeous!
 To set my makeup I applied Hourglass' "Ambient Lighting Powder" in the shade "Dim Light"
 On the outer corner of my eyes I applied Rimmel's "Scandaleyes" in the purple shade.
 On the inner corner of my eye I applied Benefit's creaseless cream shadow in the shade "RSVP".
This is what it looks like before I blended it in.
 I used a Dior limited-edition palette, and mainly used the lighter pink colour and the deeper purple colour.
 This is what it looked like layered over the base.
 Finally I used the sparkly white shade in my very inner corner.
 This is the completed eyeshadow.
 In my lower waterline I used Rimmel's Nude eyeliner.
 In my upper waterline and on my lashline I used MAC's "Prunella"
 I then used Stila's "Stay All Day" waterproof eyeliner on my upper lashline and winged it out.
 This is a closed eye shot.
 And the open eye shot.
 I then used Smashbox's lash primer just to add a bit of volume and length to my lashes.
 It leaves a white residue so you have to use quite a bit of mascara to cover it up.
 On my upper lashes I used Benefit's "They're Real" mascara.
 On the lower lashes I used Bobbi Brown's mascara.
 This is the finished eye makeup.
 I used Anastasia Brow Wiz "Ash Blonde" to shape my eyebrows.
 Then I used Benefit's Brow Zing's eyeshadow to fill in my brows.
 Then to keep my eyeshadow in place I used Essence Lash & Brow Gel.
 This is the finished eye and face makeup.
 I used Tarte's Amazonian Bronzer in "Park Ave. Princess"
 I used the bronze half of Lorac's tantalizer duo to help contour my cheekbones.
 I then used Tarte's blush in "Exposed".
 To highlight my cheekbones I used Dior's "Amber Diamond" highlighter.
 The finished face makeup looked like this. The bronzer helped add some dimension to my face.
 I used Essence's lipliner in "In the Nude". I applied this all over my lip and also to shape my lips.
 I then used Givenchy's "Rose Caprice" lipstick all over my lips.
 To make my lips look fuller and glossy I used Dior's "Addict Lipgloss" in the shade 157.
 This is the finished face makeup.
And the finished look with my dress and hair down.

I hope you all had a lovely time over the holidays, enjoyed Christmas if you celebrate it and I hope you all have a happy, healthy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment