Wednesday 13 November 2013

Top 5 Autumn/Winter Nail Polishes

Now I've explained in a blog post a long time ago that I now only buy Essie nail polishes. It's nothing against any other brands/formulas/colours. It's simply because I would have far too many nail polishes if I bought anything that looked good to me. I love the Essie formula, how neat the little bottles look standing together, and they always release really nice colours in their collections, both permanent and seasonal. I will eventually do a post related to my entire nail polish collection, but for now I'm going to choose a few that I think are excellent fall/winter shades and why.
 Here is "Chinchilly". It's a greige colour, a grey beige that I was given last Christmas and it took me until this summer to finally break out. Grey-beige isn't a pretty colour, in fact, it's pretty ugly. But on the nails this colour looks so neat and sophisticated, it's quickly become one of my favourites and I think it's perfect for the fall season. It wears well, it looks so neat (not streaky at all), and has a nice gel-like shine to it.
 This is "For the Twill of it". Can't say I understand the name choice, but this colour is entirely unique. I believe it launched in Essies 2013 fall collection, so you may still be able to buy it. It is essentially an iridescent grey with hints of green and purple which catch the light and change colour depending on how you're looking at it. This colour is so unique I had to include it, it's perfect for something festive but subtle.
 Next up is "Stylenomics". This shade of dark, dark green almost looks black, but in daylight there is definitely a hint of green and it is such a nice shade! It makes your nails look like you've just had a manicure, the dark shade can easily cover any stained nails, and what I like best about dark shades like this is that it looks awesome on shorter nails.
 Essie's "Good as Gold" is a staple festive shade. It was part of a limited-edition collection which has made it into their permanent line. It isn't a glittery gold, it's more like a metallic finish which makes shiny nails a bit more grown up. I really love this nail polish in the winter because I like wearing black clothes, and this gives my outfit a sophisticated pop of colour.
 Finally we have "Leading Lady". This shade was part of Essie's Holiday 2012 collection, so I don't think you can get it now. I love this shade because it's basically a ruby slipper in a bottle. The red glitter is suspended in a dark red colour, so it isn't just patchy glitter you put onto your nails. It looks so festive and pretty for a Christmas or New Years party, but I would recommend painting before you leave, because unfortunately this colour chips within a couple of days.
Here are some swatches of the colours. It makes "Stylenomics" look a little more green than in the bottle and shows the iridescence of "For the Twill of it". 
I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what your favourite fall/winter nail polish shades are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment