Sunday 24 November 2013

My Top 5 Blushes

These are my top five favourite blushes of the moment, they're great for fall/winter, but I love them all year round and they're tried and tested. I've had all of these particular blushes for well over 6 weeks, most for well over a year. I love how they look, how they wear and thought I'd give an in depth review of each of them.
 Here are swatches from left to right: Benefit "Hervana", Nars "Orgasm", Tarte "Exposed", Dior "Rosy Glow" and Josie Maran "Pink Escape".
 All of the blushes have beautiful packaging, Dior's is so luxurious and Benefit's is really fun and cute. Josie Maran's is excellent for traveling as it's so small, and Tarte's packaging is great because the colour of the blush is the colour of the compact.
 This is Benefit's "Hervana". It's well loved, I already own a backup and I think this shade is lovely. It's a more cool-toned pink which is great for me because I have a lot of redness in my cheeks and this is a subtle colour that actually shows up!
 Nars "Orgasm" is a cult beauty shade, a beautiful peach colour with gold shimmer running through it. This is really great with a tan in the summer, but also a lovely colour for these colder months, especially during party season.
 Tarte's "Exposed" is probably my favourite blush colour... it's a rosy nude shade which is so perfect for paler skintones. The formula of this blush is excellent, and I know I ramble on about this shade all the time but it's perfect. It works well all year round for a no fuss blush shade perfect for everyday makeup.
 Next up is Dior's "Rosy glow". The picture I took make's it look a lot brighter than it is, in reality it is a little paler than this but still very bright. It has a blue toned base, which is perfect for my pale skintone but the pink shade itself really creates a natural, healthy glow to the face.
 I only have this one cream blush making my top 5, and that's because I'm pretty late aboard the cream blush boat. This is Josie Marans cream blush in "Pink Escape". Again, it's cool toned and quite a dark reddish pink but it looks lovely on the cheeks, it's very easy to blend and a little goes a long way since this blush is so pigmented. This blush is great for winter because it really gives the look of just being outside for a walk in the cold, and it makes your cheeks look naturally flushed and pretty.


I hope you enjoyed this post and you're having a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment