Friday 22 November 2013

Fuchsia Lips!

I know it's getting to be that wintery time of year, and generally dark lip colours are the colours to be wearing. I've decided to be a little more adventurous with lipsticks lately, I usually only throw on a lipbalm or gloss, but I figure since I own all these wonderful colours I may as well wear them. Yesterday I went for fuchsia. Here are some pictures of what I used!
 I used Maybelline's "Fifth Ave. Fuchsia" as a lipstick base and applied NYX's lipgloss in "Dolly Pink" over the top.
 Fuchsia is an awesome colour because the blue undertones really make your teeth look white. Although coraly pinks seem to be favourites of this year and last, the orangy tones don't do your teeth much good. Fuchsia is a perfect alternative, and also a great option if you don't want to rock a red lip this holiday season.
 Bottom of the lipstick tube.
 The lipstick itself. A very creamy, hydrating formula but be careful not to smudge it too much or you could have a fuchsia beard. It lasts a long time and because of the pigmentation it stains your lips a bit, so it isn't ideal for  a quick change but the colour will stick around if you're going out for dinner or drinks.
 Here is the NYX lipgloss information.
 The gloss itself is incredibly pigmented, smells like cherry cough syrup, is super glossy and could easily be worn by itself if you dread lipstick. Its easy to apply, and although glossy it isn't overly sticky. One of my favourite lipglosses!
 Here are some swatches, on the left we have Maybelline's Fifth Ave. Fuchsia and on the right we have NYX's Dolly Pink.
And here is a silly snapchat I sent most of my friends after putting the lip combo on.

Hope you're all ready for the weekend! If you have some parties to go to maybe try this fabulous Fuchsia combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment