Wednesday 20 November 2013

Mascara's I'm Currently Using


Hello everyone!
Today I'm going to write about my current mascara collection. There are a few I like (most of them I do like since I research products before buying), but also a few I don't really like or wouldn't repurchase. Here they are!
 This is Givenchy's "Phenomon' Eyes" mascara and I have it in the shade Black. I bought this mascara in a Givenchy boutique in Florida and I love it. Firstly the brush is very unique and it's really excellent at getting into the inner and outer corners of your eyes and building up volume from the very base of your lashes. The formula is great too, it's not waterproof but very long-wearing, I save this mascara up for special occasions and long nights out.
 Next up is Maybelline's "The Rocket Volum' Express" mascara. This is the mascara I am disappointed with. The brush bristles are too short and stubby, the formula was way too wet and now that it's dried up a bit I still don't feel much differently. I don't really like this mascara, and I certainly wouldn't repurchase. The formula isn't waterproof but I found it would smudge all down my face, so perhaps the waterproof version would be better.
 This is Bobbi Brown's "Intensifying Long-Wear" mascara. I have a sample size of this one, but I really like it a lot. The brush is tiny and although it takes a few seconds longer to coat all of your upper lashes, it's the best brush I've ever used for the lower ones. The formula isn't waterproof but incredibly long-wearing, as the name would suggest, and I've never had an issue with smudging. The result with this mascara is very natural lashes, and I would definitely repurchase.
 Clinique's "High Lengths" mascara is one I've had for a while. The brush is very unique and it really does add a lot of length to your lashes. It's the only Cinique mascara I've tried, but there are a lot on my list that I want to try, especially after this one. The formula is nice, but I don't think it's anything special. The brush requires a couple of coats to get all of your lashes but the results are very good. I may not repurchase this right away, but I'm certainly going to try another Clinique mascara in the near future.
 Benefit's "They're Real" mascara is a bit of a Beauty Blogger fave this year and last. The brush is great because it has your regular plastic bristles which give your lashes length and volume, but also a little ball-like top that can be used to wing out your outer lashes, coat your inner lashes, and perfectly get your lower lashes too. The formula is really nice, very long-wearing and although I've read reviews about it being hard to take off, I find that with a cleansing balm or oil it is no problem at all. After buying this it was all I used for a while and I definitely understand the hype. It's a great mascara I will repurchase without a doubt.
Finally I have Lancome's "Doll Lashes" mascara. I had always heard great things about Lancome's mascaras so I thought I'd give this one a go. At first, I was pretty disappointed. The brush has classic mascara bristles that are more fiber-y and the formula is quite chunky. You can get great results with this mascara it just takes a lot of work. For the price and results I'd rather buy a Clinique mascara or a drugstore one, this just doesn't work well for me. I will use it up but I won't repurchase. Also the smell of roses is just way too overpowering! 

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you want to hear about lipsticks or eyeliner's I'm currently using, I'd love to do another post similar to this one. I've also reviewed another Lancome mascara here, so check that out!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment