Monday 25 November 2013

Manicure Monday Week 2

Hello everyone,
It's that time of week where I post about how often I paint my nails, even during weeks where I have exams, essays and presentations. Anyway, here are the colours that made it on to my nails this week.
 First up we have Essie's "It's Genius", a beautiful deep jewel-toned purple with tiny gold shimmer running throughout the polish. I actually topped this colour off twice and could have easily worn it all week. This is quite a bad picture, but the colour is such an excellent choice for fall/winter.
 Secondly I have Essie's "Muchi Muchi" as a base, a very pretty pale pink. On top I have one of Essie's Luxe Effects top coats in "Set in Stones". The glitter is very chunky and pretty, and it's quite a good one to use as a topcoat as you can use the brush to build up the amount of glitter you want. This manicure was pretty girly and actually annoyed me after a day so I took it off. I think next time I'll try the silver glitter with a darker colour and leave the pink for the summer.
Finally I have Essie's "Forever Yummy" on my nails. This colour was chosen purely because I'm starting to feel festive and this red is so classic I couldn't resist. It's a shade or two deeper than Essie's "Lollipop", and those shades make all the difference. I find with a red being a bit deeper it becomes a bit more wearable for everyday. With a glossy topcoat I think red nails are so pretty for this time of year.

Hope you liked my second installment of this little series, let me know if you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment