Monday 25 November 2013

5 Minute Everyday Makeup

So I couldn't help but notice I've had the most views today than I have ever had before. This is probably my friend Sara's fault, but I suppose it's okay. I thought I'd do a quick everyday makeup tutorial since I needed to put makeup on anyway, I'll probably go to the grocery store and buy copious amounts of chips later. Anyway, here we go.
 To begin I just want to rave about this new foundation. Rimmel really are my favourite drugstore makeup brand. This isn't just because it's a British brand, everything I have tried from their line is fantastic, with the exception of their BB cream. Anyway, this Clean Finish foundation (I use the shade 120 Ivory) was purchased because I need a new foundation and I'm very pale with pink (pfft, red) undertones in my skin. I've only used this twice so I shouldn't be raving about it yet, but my goodness it's fantastic, and under $6.00. The colour is perfect, a tiny bit darker than my skintone but in a sort of flattering way. It evens my skintone completely, isn't totally matte, but has a bit of a nice, natural glow to it. I love it so far, I just wish it had a pump dispenser.
 Here is how it makes my skin look, very even and smooth (although that's also because my skin has been about 1000x better lately with Clindets), it allows my natural redness shine through in a flattering way. I love this, the formula sets really nicely and doesn't feel sticky at all.
 Next up I used Natural Collections blush in "Peach Melba". Natural Collection is a British brand which I loved while living in the UK. My wonderful friend Barb's sister is at school in Scotland and brought this back for me last Christmas, it's a great neutral, peachy shade.
 Rimmel's "Stay Matte" powder in translucent is another all-time fave. It mattifies the skin, doesn't look cakey, and sets my makeup wonderfully.
 On a day to day basis, I like to use a one eyeshadow sweep for my eyelids. I love Benefit's "Rich Beach" and the bronze colour isn't too dark for the winter months, nor does it make me look paler than I am.
 Bobbi Brown's Intensifying Long-Wear Mascara has a full review here, but in short it's an excellent everyday mascara without any false-lash drama.
 To fill in my sparse brows, I use Benefit's Brow-Zing's in the shade light. The powder fills in my eyebrows nicely and the shade is perfect.
 On my lips I used MAC's Modestly, a shade that's a deeper rosy brown colour. It's a great fall/winter neutral with a creamy formula.
 Here is a closeup on the lips, and below the full face. The lighting in my basement apartment isn't amazing, nor is my iPhone camera, so I hope you get a general idea of how it all looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment