Friday 29 November 2013

30 Day Makeup Challenge... In One Night

Hey everyone,
So I was looking up ideas for blog posts and found this cool idea- basically answering 30 makeup related questions each day for 30 days. I'm going to try and do this but all at once. There are two question's I cannot answer right now but I will do a later blog post about. Question 9: I'm not where most of my makeup is right now, and won't be for the holidays. Question 30: I'm in bed, and don't want to re-post pictures from my blog previously. Nor do I want to do my makeup at 2am here. Sorry. 

DAY 1: When did you start wearing makeup?
- I started wearing makeup when I was about 10 or 11, but not proper makeup. I certainly didn't wear a full face of makeup and my first makeup items were a clear mascara and pink lipgloss.

DAY 2: How did you learn to put on makeup?
- Probably from watching my Mum, and other friends parents. One of my friends mum's applied 3 lipsticks to get the perfect shade. I didn't really learn from anyone though, I'm self-taught.

DAY 3: What's your favourite makeup brand?
- It's hard to choose a favourite, but I'm really impressed with Rimmel London lately, for a drugstore brand. For a high-end brand I'd have to choose Dior, I've never tried a product I don't like.

DAY 4: Do you like wearing foundation? If so, what are some of your favourites?
- Yes, I do like wearing foundation. Some of my favourites are Rimmel's "Clean Finish", Bourjous "Healthy Mix Serum", Benefits "Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow" and Rimmel's "Wake Me Up".

DAY 5: Favourite lipstick, lipgloss and lipliner?
- This is really hard. My favourite lipstick is Givenchy's "Rose Caprice" Satin lipstick. My favourite lipgloss is Smashbox's gloss in "Pop" and I don't use a whole lot of lipliner, so I can't say I have a favourite.

DAY 6: Do you like wearing false lashes? What ones do you like to wear?
- I wear false lashes on special occasions or if I'm wearing quite a smoky eye makeup. I like strip lashes, but I always have to trim them down. Individual lashes are also great on the outer corners, but I can only ever use the short/medium lengths. I use Duo Glue in the darker shade and most of my lashes were bought in bulk from IMATS last year.

DAY 7: Favourite eyeshadow colour?
- Another hard question. I love an Estee Lauder shade my Mum has called "Tea Biscuit". I think it might be discontinued. Another shade I love is Nars "Kalahari" and Urban Decay's "Naked 2"

DAY 8: What's your favourite daytime look?
- I really like a glowy foundation or BB cream, brown-rose blush, a pale bronzer, black liquid liner and mascara. Usually just a lipbalm or gloss works for me.

DAY 9: Photo of your makeup collection? - Sorry

DAY 10: Favourite makeup brush?
- Has to be the Real Techniques Multitask brush. I love all Real Techniques brushes actually...

DAY 11: Do you like wearing bronzer? What ones do you like?
- Yes I like bronzer. Favourites include Tarte's "Park Ave. Princess" and Benefit's "Hoola".

DAY 12: Favourite mascara?
- Benefit's "They're Real" mascara.

DAY 13: Where do you keep your makeup?
- In various bowls around my mirror. They're separated into different catagories, foundations and BB creams, concealers and powders, blushes and bronzers, single shadows and gel liners. I also have a little drawer set with lipsticks, glosses, balms, stains and lippencils in. I also have plastic drawers with palettes, lashes, stuff I don't use regularly and skincare items.

DAY 14: Favourite YouTube makeup gurus?
- 'Pixiwoo' sisters Sam and Nic Chapman, 'A Model Recommends' Ruth Crilly, Lisa Eldridge, 'EssieButton' Estee, 'Pixi2Woo' Tanya Burr, 'Vivianna Does Makeup' Anna. I find British YouTube "beauty gurus" to do less hauls and more looks, and also less random personal videos.

DAY 15: Do you wear blush?
- Yes, although I don't really need to. Tomato redness underneath my makeup.

DAY 16: Do you copy any celebrities makeup?
- No, I get inspired by people but I never sit down and copy someone unless it's for a costume or a post or something. I have my own style which I stick to.

DAY 17: Favourite makeup artist?
- Probably some YouTuber's to be honest. The Pixiwoo sisters are actual MUA's and are really great. I also love books from Bobbi Brown and Jemma Kidd, so I'd have to include them. Lisa Eldridge too!

DAY 18: Favourite nighttime look?
- I like smoky eyes, but recently I've been loving bronze eyes and a dark, berry-toned red. However I'll be jazzing things up for new years with a purple smoky eye and a nude lip I think.

DAY 19: Favourite concealer?
- Rimmel's "Wake Me Up" or Benefit's "Erase Paste" concealer for under my eyes and MAC's "Studio Finish" concealer for blemishes.

DAY 20: Favourite eyeshadow primer?
- Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base is awesome.

DAY 21: Where do you purchase your makeup?
- All over the place. Mostly Sephora, Target or WalMart. Occasional Shoppers Drug Mart's.

DAY 22: Favourite toner?
- I don't use a toner. The Clinique one dried my skin out, I'm trying an Estee Lauder one which looks promising, but generally I'm not a fan. I'm going to try some out though!

DAY 23: Favourite eyeshadow palette?
- Urban Decay "Naked Basics" and "Nars "And God Created The Woman" are my most used.

DAY 24: What texture of eyeshadow do you prefer? Cream, powder, pigment etc?
- Powder. Hands down. I like a cream sometimes, but I use powder eyeshadow 9 times out of 10.

DAY 25: Favourite eyeliner?
- MAC's gel eyeliner's in "Dipdown" and "Blacktrack" are awesome. I also love Rimmel's "Scandaleyes" liners.

DAY 26: Do you wear makeup everyday?
 - Definitely not.

DAY 27: Favourite powder?
- Rimmel's "Stay Matte", Hourglass' Ambient Lighting in "Dim Light", MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in "Light Plus"

DAY 28: Favourite makeup remover?
- Clinique's "Take the Day Off" cleansing balm.

DAY 29: Favourite type of eyeliner? Gel, kohl, liquid, powder etc?
- Gel usually, but I like Stila's "Stay All Day" liquid liner quite a lot.

DAY 30: Photo of yourself with and without makeup. - Sorry

I hope you guys enjoyed this, I know there aren't any pretty pictures but if you want further detail leave a comment and I'll try to elaborate. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment