Sunday 7 July 2013

Drugstore Haul and Review

This fragrance (from my lovely friend, Gracie) was a gift from England. Despite having a few Zara stores in Canada, I'm not too sure if they sell fragrances. It's described as an oriental scent, with bergamot, jasmine, vanilla, caramel and patchouli. Personally, I really love this fragrance and hope I don't get too hooked if it's hard to find across the Atlantic!


I also bought some Bioderma, a favourite among beauty bloggers all over the world. It's quite hard to find, but luckily my local Shoppers Drug Mart carries it! I got a wonderful deal of 2 for $30.00, so I quickly snapped them up. So far I really like this cleansing water. I use it after washing my face as a toner and also for quick makeup removals. It doesn't have a scent, doesn't leave my skin feeling dry, and also does a great job of removing makeup.

Recently I went into a Body Shop and found my favourite coconut body butter on sale in it's largest size for only $15.00. It's 400ml, practically the size of a bucket. It'll last me forever which is great, because I think it's an awesome product. It's incredibly moisturizing and leaves my skin feeling very soft.

I also bought this Organix coconut milk serum for my hair. I generally apply to wet hair, and only use a very small amount. I have learned to only apply a small amount just in the ends of my hair, if I apply too much it makes my hair look a bit greasy but it does a good job at stopping my hair from getting too frizzy in this humidity.

I also bought the falsies by Maybelline because I needed a waterproof mascara. I've found that in the heat of Southern Ontario and working in the restaurant industry (in and out of a hot kitchen) waterproof mascara is a must.

The brush is average, the formula is too. It is very waterproof and stays on my lashes all day, but I won't be running out to repurchase it.

I also bought the Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush in the shade Candy Coral. It's a cream blush which is nice for a quick makeover. It's easy to apply and gives a natural flush to the cheeks.

The texture of this product is really strange, it's a mousse-ish texture and although it blends nicely I find that it takes a bit of product to get a good amount of pigmentation.


Next I bought the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in the shade 245 Light. I haven't used this yet, but heard good reviews as an undereye concealer.


Finally I bought Maybellines BB cream in the shade Light-Medium. I had tried this before in the shade medium, it was a bit dark for my skintone but gave my skin a really healthy-glowing finish. I found the consistency to be really nice, not very heavy but stayed put on my face for hours. It's a great product for a long day where you don't want a heavy face of makeup- and the added SPF of 30 is a bonus!



No comments:

Post a Comment