Thursday 23 May 2013

Simple Smokey Eye

To begin I used a silver eyeshadow as a base colour.

I applied it all over the lid with a wide eyeshadow brush.

Next, I used a darker black-grey colour on a fluffy crease brush.

I applied this in the crease of my eye and in the outer corner.

On a smaller brush I took a sparkly black eyeshadow.

I applied this colour to the lashline, the excess colour I applied to my lower lashline.

On a small fluffy brush I took this sparkly white colour.

I used this to highlight below my brow and in the inner corner of my eye.

Next I took a matte black colour (it looks brown here) on a very small, dense brush.

I used this to create a "V" shape in my outer corner. I blended this with a big eyeshadow brush.

This is the palette I created the look with. It's the Smashbox "Be Discovered" palette.

It comes with a huge selection of colours, they are all very pigmented and easy to blend.

(Sorry for the upside-down picture) I then applied lashes with Duo glue. These lashes are no-name and I picked them up from Toronto IMATS last year.

I used a liquid liner to create a thick winged-out look, this helps blend the glue-line of the lashes in.

I used a mascara to blend the false lashes with my own.

After lots of blending, the finished look is smokey without being too dramatic.

...Just to show how ridiculously long those lashes were.

This is the final look!

To complete this look I used a nude lipgloss by Hourglass called "Child"


No comments:

Post a Comment