Friday 24 May 2013

Colours of the Rainbow

Hello everyone,
So the "Colours of the Rainbow" is a tag that's going around beauty channels on YouTube. Since I don't have a YouTube channel (..yet), I've decided that I'm going to blog this one! The idea behind this tag is to find beauty products that are the different colours of the rainbow and why you like them. Pink and multi-coloured have been added to this tag, so I hope you enjoy!
RED: The red item I have chosen is Maybelline's lipstick from the Vivids collection called "On Fire Red". It's a classic red lipstick and I love it!

ORANGE: For orange I have chosen my favourite ever (and sadly discontinued) perfume called Ralph Rocks by Ralph Lauren. It's a very summery scent and it's been a favourite of mine for years. This must be my 5th bottle... and because it's been discontinued I hope it's not my last!

YELLOW: For yellow I chose my Benefit "Cabana Glama" palette. It has 3 shimmery nude eyeshadows, a miniature PosieTint lip and cheek stain, a mini foundation in medium, and a mini Hoola bronzer. It's a great palette for traveling if the foundation works for you- it's a bit too dark for me.

GREEN: For green I've chosen my favourite makeup wipes. The Simple cleansing facial wipes are very gentle but remove everything! They don't break me out, don't leave a residue on my skin and don't feel harsh when I remove my makeup.

BLUE: For blue I chose "Butler Please" from Essie's holiday 2012 collection. Despite it being in a winter collection I think it's a great summer colour and I love it!

INDIGO: Indigo was a hard colour to find. This is the only thing I could find in my collection that was close to indigo. This is the Smashbox eyeliner in the shade "Sapphire". It makes a nice change from black or brown eyeliner and the formulation is very soft and blendable- this also means it can be quite smudgy and I wouldn't recommend it for someone with oily eyelids.

VIOLET: I chose this palette from Dior for violet because both the packaging of this palette and the purple shade in the palette are beautiful! The quality of the eyeshadows are gorgeous and the sponge applicators aren't bad either!

PINK: For pink I chose a recent purchase which I bought while in Florida. This is a Givenchy lipstick in the shade 201 Rose Taffetas. It's a completely matte shade and I think it's a perfect spring/summer shade.

MULTI-COLOURED: Multi-coloured was hard to find. This is about the only thing I could find that was beauty related. This is a big makeup bag from Modella, but I'm not sure where I bought it. It's very large and sturdy, I take this with me when I travel almost every time, and it hasn't let me down yet!

So that's the Colours of the Rainbow tag, I hope you enjoyed reading my version! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment