Monday 13 May 2013

Marilyn Monroe Makeup Tutorial


Hi everyone, 

So this is the first makeup tutorial I have EVER done. I was considering what to do, I didn't want something too Halloween-y, or something that has been done millions of times. So when I had to choose between both, I chose something that has been done millions of times. And that of course is the very iconic and forever classy image we have of Marilyn Monroe. Now of course I don't share similar features to Marilyn, she was an incredibly beautiful lady. So I interpreted what I could from colour photos and I hope you enjoy it! 

Before the makeover began, skin prepared by Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel Lotion
Using Benefit's "That Gal" highlighting primer, I applied it to all the areas in need of highlighting, forehead, nose, cheekbones and browbones.
Next I applied Bourjous Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in the shade 52. This is a flattering picture of me with half my face blended in! I applied most product to the center of my face, this allows for less product to be blended in to the hair line and covers most redness.

Taking Essence "match 2 cover!" cream concealer I used the lighter shades for a cream highlighting product and applied where you can see above. When blended it gives the illusion your face is naturally brighter in all the right areas, without any shine!




I then used Bourjous Mineral Matte mousse foundation in shade 83 to contour my cheeks before a bronzing powder. This helps to create a base for the powder (Hoola by Benefit) and creates a more natural contour. I powdered over the foundation to get more colour and then followed with highlighting.
Using Benefit's "Watts Up" cream highlighter I highlighted areas such as the top of my cheekbones, cupids bow, brow bone and forehead. I also added a slight bit to the bridge of my nose to elongate it. I used my bronzer to then contour my nose by applying it on either side of my nose to narrow the appearance of my nose. I powdered the skin with Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder in shade 001, Transparent.
I then used Stila's "kitten" all over highlighter to accentuate the areas previously highlighted by the cream highlighter. For my brows (or one brow in this picture) I tried to copy Marilyn's look, a high arch, elongated tail and full brows. I used a Marcelle brow pencil in the shade Blondine.



I then used Essences clear brow gel to set my brows and used the Smashbox "Eye Beam" crayon under my brow bone, above the arch of my brow and also all around my lips to prepare for the red lipstick later on. For my eyeshadow I used the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. I used W.O.S on my lid for a neutral base.

I then (also from the U.D Naked Basics Palette) used Naked 2 in my crease for definition and to make my eye appear to have larger lids and space between my lashes and brows. I also used Venus from the palette from the inner corner of my eye to the middle of my eyelid and below my browbone.

I then applied Maybelline's Red Revival lipstick onto my lips with a lipbrush. Finally I added the Marilyn Monroe beauty spot with an eyeliner and finally the look was complete! 


No comments:

Post a Comment